Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Over Enthused Little Girl
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wack at multiple reviews Acid Earthiness/ Helix Maduro/ Acid Nasty

While I didn't receive a bomb or anything, I am new to the forums and would like to contribute by adding some reviews. Forgive me if my reviews are lacking as I'm quite new to the cigar world, but I enjoy doing them none the less.

Acid Earthiness.
This cigar was a bit on the strong side, had a nice white ash, and a great aroma. With the predraw it was pretty evident that this cigar was flavored. To me the predraw flavor had hints of herbs. When i lit up i could tell it was flavored with some herbs of some sort, and tasted like herbal tea throughout its' whole duration.
I could'nt really pick out any of the tobacos flavors but it was a consistent flavor on the pallette none the less. I only had to relight this smoke once which is nice.
Pretty good, i may find myself purchasing more of these soon. Most acids run in the 4-6 dollar range so not to bad for a 30 minute smoke.

Helix Maduro
Nice dark oily wrapper, the predraw was nice, and it smelt great even before the light up. The cigar was very mild with hints of spices here and there, it was never overwhelming at any point. The flavor was at a constant the entire time, which is fine but sometimes i like cigars to take me on a roller coaster esque ride. This thing held its' ash great. The aroma was a lot stronger than the taste of the cigar which surprised me. This cigar lasted about 40 minutes.

Acid Nasty-
Definately not as strong in herbal tones as the earthiness. I absolutely loved the way this thing was shaped. It was so unique looking. The great thing about acid cigars is all of them are done so naturally. The wrapper is made with tobacco leaves. This i say is the perfect cigar to introduce people to the acid line because it is definately not overwhelming in the sense of their unique herbal/grassy/earthy tones. This one was a fun smoke.

Those three are it for now. I'll just add reviews as they come to this thread. I'm hoping to try something from the Ashton VSG line soon so as soon as I do i'll give another shot at reviewing it here.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I know it's 'different strokes' for everybody, but the Acid's didn't do anything for me. My first (and last) was this past Friday. Smoke shop guy said I should try one. I'll either love it or hate it. It was the latter. I like a more traditional smoke. The Helix Maduro would be more my speed. I'll sure give one of those a yank.

·
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yah the acid line is definately different. They are ok at best I'd say, but if you are in the mood for something different then these would definately be up your alley.

·
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New Review here.

AF
Corona Imperial

Now i've had about 3 of these and they were all pretty dang good. Very consistent in flavor.

The pre draw and smell before light up wasn't really anything to be all that excited about, but the cigar itself is pretty dark and oily and is just begging to be smoked. With the very first draw after lighting it up i could tell it was going to be a treat. This cigar right from the start is packed full of woody and pepper esque tones and is just a nice treat. This cigar is not overwhelming in any sense, it has to be my favorite medium bodied smoke. The aroma of this cigar could be my favorite as well. All of them hold their ash pretty, and for the most part they all had an even burn. My only complaint with this stick is that the draw is a little loose until you get about half way down, but when you do you get lots of nice smoke. Plus for 3 bucks, man this stick puts a lot of others priced higher to shame.

Way to go AF with this one, my mouth is watering just thinking about it :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.