Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, it's funny that just over a month ago I posted my first post. At that time I only owned one cigar, a punch I got from a gold resort. Up till then all I had smoked were Black n' milds, Swishers, Perfectos, and whatever else I could find at the grocery store. That slippery slope grabbed me by the goatee and I ave been slidin' fast... I filled up a 50 count humidor in no time (thanks in part to MO!!), and ordered a 100 ct. humi before the 50 had even arrived. Well... both are now jammed full and I just recieved my third, a 200 ct. glasstop I won on Ebay for $65. This thing is solid and beautiful- I'm currentlyseasoning it, can't wait to fill it up. If this is me after a month and a week, I fear what my room will look like in one year. I have been hopelessly sucked in, and I love it!!!
-eef

Attachments

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
SeanGAR has a point! For what you paid for your last humi you could have setup a huge cooler. I've got two large coolers I keep my boxes in and a 100ct humi for my singles. The coolers work great, except.....they look like coolers!!!! The wife told me that unless we moved to a boat the coolers have to go!!!

·
CS Noob Ambassador
1,194 Posts
Cooler altered into a humi, I just bought my cooler and probably gonna clean it out and start preparing it this weekend. Lotta threads on getting them set up here.

PaulMac

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
200 ct aye? You better start shopping for another. :SM

For a coolerdor:
You pick up an Ice Chest, fill it up with empty cedar boxes. Woila a coolerdor!
To keep it humidified I recommend Climmax media.

My 45 qt was $13 at Wally world and is currently housing 14 boxes. Some people buy the big 125 qt marine ones in the $50 range.

-Matt-

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Awww man, Eef, MM2 is right!! You have a SWEEEEEEET closet for a closetador!!!! My house is over 100 years old and all of the closets are off set, big gaps, crappy seals. Bah! I want a NEW house. :r

·
Registered
676 Posts
Damn eef, your rolling, should of started with the three hundred, then the closet ador. Great dor you have there, It will be filled before you know it, Later, Don

eef said:
Hey everyone, it's funny that just over a month ago I posted my first post. At that time I only owned one cigar, a punch I got from a gold resort. Up till then all I had smoked were Black n' milds, Swishers, Perfectos, and whatever else I could find at the grocery store. That slippery slope grabbed me by the goatee and I ave been slidin' fast... I filled up a 50 count humidor in no time (thanks in part to MO!!), and ordered a 100 ct. humi before the 50 had even arrived. Well... both are now jammed full and I just recieved my third, a 200 ct. glasstop I won on Ebay for $65. This thing is solid and beautiful- I'm currentlyseasoning it, can't wait to fill it up. If this is me after a month and a week, I fear what my room will look like in one year. I have been hopelessly sucked in, and I love it!!!
-eef

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
IHT said:
if that did, you should see Lamars!!
holy testicle teusday!!!!

Well right now I live in an apartment with one other roommate. It's a two bedroom, and when we moved in we drew straws... he got mommy and daddy's room, I got little Timmy's room. It's seriously the tiniest room I have ever lived in. So, the humi's are quickly taking up space and I can't do a closetdor, because it's a rented apartment.

But, we trying to buy this house that will be amazing if we get it. I'll have my own workshop/art studio seperate from the house that I can smoke in while working! Plus my own room where cigars will dominate. Until then, I'm squished up in my tiny little kid room.
-eef

·
CS Noob Ambassador
1,194 Posts
Yeah ya always need more space than ya think when ya first look down the slope! I decided to take care of that by just starting with the biggest cooler I could find, so I got a 120 qt.

PaulMac

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Eef -

Just get the cooler. Seriously. You know you're gonna need it... at the growth rate your stogie collection has undergone in the past 6 weeks, you'll be in Mo and Khat territory by about May :r

This place took me from a 40 ct. to a 150 ct. at Christmas to a coolerdor in mid january, and finally a 52 bottle wine-cellar fridgeador before Feb.

... and they're all gettin crowded!

And its all CS's fault. Oh yeah - and the Devil. Bwahahahhhaaah.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I dream of hitting jackpot and buying a mansion in which I will have a huge smoking room, with boxes of cigars in all four walls and wine in the bottom shelves. In the back of the smoking room I will have a room just for storage and aging. I could see the boxes stockpiling from the floor to the roof, and everything will be climate controlled to the optimum parameters. No more humidors for me!!! :D ...what the hell have I been smoking???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.