Cigar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Up To

What have I been up to? Let's just say I've been doing a lot more scheming and dreaming than doing. I've had a rough couple of years-depression and all that; I went through something of a middle-age crisis at age 23. :p I resigned from the family bakery to persue the futures markets, but I lost all my money and decided instead to move to Maui: I would sell all my worldly possessions and leave with a plane ticket and a suitcase. Well, that didn't work nearly as well as I'd hoped (it turns out that such a move requires greater planning and reserves than I'd thought). Not long after this, I thought it might be fun to get a camper and tour the country for awhile. Understandably, I ran into the same trouble preparing for this as I did on the Hawai'i venture.

Throughout all of this there were considerable "girl troubles"-all of which dealt with the same troublesome girl. And, of course, there's the part where I lost my religion, instilled in me since childhood (my family was unimpressed by my decision). So, with the plans to "make it big," to move to Hawai'i, to tour the country, losing my religion, and these oft recurring "girl troubles," I didn't work for a year and was consequently depressed the entire time. Personally, and somewhat sardonically, I think the love of money and the lust of women had more to do with it than anything. ;)

In short, I'm just trying to get my sh¡t together. I know that no one can ever truly get their sh¡t together, but I figure that if I can just scrape together a good-sized pile of the stuff I'll be alright.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ah JJ, I've been through a lot of that. Can't say I've ever sold everything and gone to Maui though... :cool: but regardless, take your time and pull everything together. It might take a while but things will come together. Just takes a bit of time and effort. Oh, and nice to meet you! ;)

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
JJ-

Wow, that's some hard-core times man. Welcome back to this insanity here in the jungle! Light one up-you're amongst friends.:w

SB

·
Registered
410 Posts
JJ! Good to hear from you, bro. I thought you fell off the face of the earth. Sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations. Hopefully everything will straighten itself soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: All

It's good to be back. This is as friendly and as encouraging a bunch as it ever was. I like the feel of the new layout, too. Paul did a good job on this one, as always. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts