Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Maine's Resident Masshole
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to ordering my first tins of Premium tobaccos online.

They are:

Christmas Cheer 07

Frog Morton on the town

I have a couple of fresh corn cobs to try them today, but was wondering which I should try first?

I know they say that CC is not for noobs, but there is a certain website of pipe smokers, who shall remain nameless (cough club stogie cough) who likes to buy these tins up and age them. So I had to pick one tin up because if I didn't I would have to wait for CC 08. :)

I know there is also a certain way to smoke cheer, so any helpful hints are great.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yep. Smoke the Frog Morton first. The CC will age nicely. Because CC is broken flake, it can be tricky packing it and keeping lit. Also, because it's a straight up VA, it may give you some tongue bite if you puff too fast, so take it slow.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I assumed FM would be recommed first. On the christmas cheer, can that still age well in the tin if I open it? I have been dying to see what it smells like for a long time.

Might also buy a couple more CC tins for storage next month.
Unless you're going to start smoking it, I would advise against cracking the tin. It should still smoke well over time, but most likely won't age in the traditional sense. If you're curious as to what CC smells like, just go to your fridge and smell a ketchup bottle. That'll give you the basic idea.....

Let us know how you like the FM.....

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Lordi. Welcome! I'd go with the Frog, dude. Also a new smoke I discovered is Sam Gawith Full Virginia Flake. Its awesome, its cool to smoke and....... and ..... and.....
:dr

·
Registered
240 Posts
If it were me I'd probably throw the FM tin out the window and smoke the Christmas Cheer. I've never been a fan of the FM series. Far too mild, IMHO.

·
Maine's Resident Masshole
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried the FM and must say it was an enjoyable tobacco, finally. I have been smoking the drug store blends and was getting tired of them because they were not doing it for me. This is kind of what I was looking for.

Now I am just itching to smoke the CC, but don't know how to pack it. :dr:confused: my feelings with the CC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.