Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, it happened, I bought my first humidor, its the weekender model from Thompson Cigars, I was supposed to be 21 to order it so *shhhh* they'll never know!

Here are pictures:

On its Throne of Cigar Kingdom:

The Humidifiers and Hygrometer:

The Inside (I have to get super glue to attach the velcro to the sides of the cedar):

and an extra picture of the ash from the Rocky Patel that made me throw up:

Question: Would it be bad for me to super glue the hygrometer and humidifiers to the back of the humidor, right now they are held up by pieces of velcro that came with the humidor...

Mackey

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Looks nice!

I SG'd the velcro to my credos and I haven't had any problems after a couple of months. Should be fine if you leave them out while they're drying.

Get some pics when it's filled up!

Scott.

Edit: and get a digital hygrometer, will ya!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
LSU_Stogie said:
Question: Would it be bad for me to super glue the hygrometer and humidifiers to the back of the humidor, right now they are held up by pieces of velcro that came with the humidor...

Mackey
As Scott was saying, I think you'd be better off gluing the velcro to the humidifiers than gluing the humidifiers directly to the 'dor. You'll want to be able to take them out from time to time to put more DI water in them.

The only issue i see with gluing the hrgrometer is that i think it's very likely you'll be replaciong it with a digital version before too long. I've yet to see an analog Hygrometer that works well. At least not one that costs under $100. Personally, I kept my analog purely because I like the way it looks - even if it does read "30" no matter what I do to it (and yes - I did try calibrating it).

BTW Mackey - Nice humidor! Now that you have the display piece - get real, will ya? Buy a cooler, before its too late! :D One well-placed bomb would DESTROY that thing!

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
LSU_Stogie said:
I was supposed to be 21 to order it so *shhhh* they'll never know!
I'm TELLIN"!!!!

Just joshing Mackey...nice new humi, enjoy it....get a digital hygrometer and humidity bead tube, you will be able to sit back and enjoy it even more...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
NICE! Thompson makes a good humidor. I bought my first from them, a 50ct. After a month of being here I had to get a 150ct and now its full. :r
Better smoke a lot or get ready to buy a another one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.