Cigar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just arrived home from the TB Lightning vs. NY Islanders Stanley Cup playoff game, I feel it necessary to extend my sympathy to any Isles fans out there. If you B&Ters didn't watch the game I implore you to not watch ESPN's replay of St. Louis' overtime goal (in which DiPietro was frozen like a popsicle).

Please know that your team represented you well in defeat. There was no clutching trap on the team handshake and Hamrlik didn't crosscheck anyone as they skated away to the locker rooms :rolleyes: . Feel good that they will remain in Tampa to enjoy some golf in the sun tomorrow.

You may now turn your attention to the Yankees' and Mets' season & the Giants' and Jets' draft.

·
Registered
756 Posts
you guys have a damn good team this year. however i would have loved to have seen the isles knock you guys out already ;)
i am still smiling after being there yesterday when the flyers eliminated the devils in 5 games! makes me happy just thinking about it.

it'll probably (hopefully for me) be our 2 teams in the conf finals. see you there!

jimmy

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Man, it is great to know that you guys are hockey fans! I am a big hockey fan, with the Avalanche being my favorite team. Waiting for the outcome of the Calgary - Vancouver series to see who Colorado will play in the next round.

In the east, it was good to see the Devils go down (I have disliked them since they moved away from Colorado!). The Flyers look good, and I think the winner of the Ottawa - Toronto series might go a long way also. The Lightening are getting better, but I don't think this will be there year (but, hey, I could be wrong).

I saw St. Louis' last game for Vermont - it was against Colorado College in the NCAA Frozen Four. He is quite a player, much better than I ever thought he would be. Personally, I think he should win the Hart Trophy.

Like I said, good to see we have some puck heads around here! :D

·
Registered
756 Posts
Wetterhorn said:
I saw St. Louis' last game for Vermont - it was against Colorado College in the NCAA Frozen Four. He is quite a player, much better than I ever thought he would be. Personally, I think he should win the Hart Trophy.
i am pretty sure he will. he is great. he looks like a little girl though. i have 7th row seats in philly, and whenever he is there we just constantly yell at him "hey, you look like a little girl out there st. louis (pronounced like the city for added insult)"

you guys have tocchet out there in colorado. my all time favorite player. still wear his jersey to the games.
go flyers!
jimmy

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Jimmy, very funny! :r

Yeah, Tochet is pretty cool - I remember him with the Kings, a real gritty player. My favorite Av is Forsberg - all world skill with quite a bit of edge. I bet you wish the Flyers never would have made the Lindros deal! :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jimmy said:
i have 7th row seats in philly, and whenever he is there we just constantly yell at him "hey, you look like a little girl out there st. louis (pronounced like the city for added insult)"
Keep it up! It seems to have an effect! :r

My favorite Flyer memory is watching Selivanov put an OT goal past the flavor of the month Philly goalie in the 96 playoffs (was there with 25,999 others :p ). Lindros's look of deflation was priceless. Philly did take the series though. :mad:

Off to watch the game 7s to see next round matchups.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Did you guys see the games last night? Great games! Man, that Calgary-Vancouver game was unreal.

I enjoyed the late game while smoking a Magic Mountain maduro. What a smooth, mellow smoke! Great fun, and now I am looking forward to the conclusion of the Battle of Ontario.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you guys see the games last night? Great games! Man, that Calgary-Vancouver game was unreal.
Crazy. Stayed up late to see it. Calgary looks pretty tough. Detriot might have their hands full. I guess Colorado gets SJ now (don't get to see the West teams much)? Good luck.

After watching the Ottawa/Toronto series, I'll admit I was a little relieved to see Montreal win.. although they look pretty good too. TB vs. Montreal could be a fun, high flying series. Good luck with the winner of tonight's game jimmy.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Hey, good luck to you too King! It would be kinda cool if our teams met for the Cup, but a lot of work has to be done... Beware Theodore, he could steal the series.

I am watching the Toronto - Ottawa game right now. If not for Lalime, it would be a heck of a game! Man, I agree with Melrose - worse goaltending I have ever seen in a game 7! And Ottawa could still win!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have to agree with Wetterhorn it's great to see the hockey talk back in time for playoffs. Being in Vancouver were all still in disbeleif over the Bertuzzi incident. The guy was the back bone of our team, but now most around here including me would like to see him gone. I'm pretty sure not having him cost us the Calgary series, but what can I say, he deserves his punishment. For now, Go Tampa, Go Philly, and Go Detroit ! Down with the trap and anyone who play's it, and most of all, down with the Leaf's. Please, anyone beat the leaf's!

Jorgy

:sb

·
Registered
756 Posts
Jorgy said:
and most of all, down with the Leaf's. Please, anyone beat the leaf's!

Jorgy

:sb
go flyers! i am definitely there rooting on my team to take down the leafs that's for sure ;)
planning my trip now to go up to toronto friday for game 4! can't say i am getting pumped...i am already pumped!!

jimmy

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Hey Jorgy! Good to see a Canuck fan here - yeah Bertuzzi really screwed up. Don't know what got into him. He really hurt Vancouver and that is the main reason they lost to the Flames.

Alas, it appears the Avs are on their way out... simply not hungry for the Cup! :c How can a team not be hungry for the Cup!?!?!?!?! :mad:

It looks like Jimmy's Flyers will accomplish your wish! Can't see them losing to the Leafs. A Bolts - Flyers Eastern Final would be unreal!!!!

And please, anyone, anyone beat the Red Wings!!!!! :c

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.