Cigar Forums banner

My Cigar Book Plus App for Android

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  beercritic 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

I just recently got a new phone and I did a search in the android market for cigar related things and found a great little app called My Cigar Book Plus! It is sort of an inventory tool. It allows you to put in your cigars that you have in stock and it shows country of origin and all the neat pertinent information. Also it has a cigar shop locater. :)

Certainly worth checking out!

#12 ·
Hey guys!

I just recently got a new phone and I did a search in the android market for cigar related things and found a great little app called My Cigar Book Plus! It is sort of an inventory tool. It allows you to put in your cigars that you have in stock and it shows country of origin and all the neat pertinent information. Also it has a cigar shop locater. :)

Certainly worth checking out!
Anyone know of a similar app for Windows? Much appreciated.

Joe

#14 ·
A quick search showed up loads of links mostly for handhelds. Eventually drifted over to shareware.com,but didn't see much directly related to gars,that would serve me much better than my rudimentary knowledge of MS-XL, will let folks know if I happen upon something decent. Been looking for an excuse to brush up my spreadsheet skills, anyway. I should probably set up a single-malt and bourbon sheets as well.

Cheers!

Joe

#16 ·
Hmmm... Can items be sorted by category? My spreadsheet has Maker, Name of gar, MSRP/Paid, length x ringsize, purchased from, website link, country of origin, Tasting notes. I need to add stuff like wrapper, filler official rating(s) and my "Scale of likeability" Dealer satisfaction...

My weakness is with manipulation formulas for the spreadsheet. I used to deal fireworks and, being mostly numbers and price breakdowns, THOSE calculations were easy. Not good with "text as data" manipulations.

Hey, this could be really fun.

#17 ·
I know this may sound old-school, but i use a small moleskin notebook. I write my comments in it and also glue the labels in the book for future reference.

It is an excellent tool for going to cigar shops and trying to expand the collection of cigars for the appetite.

#18 ·
Souds like a great idea. I can select and print certain spreadsheet columns, into most any format. But I have exactly one Tobacconist within an hours drive and he has a very limited humidor (guessing 8 x 15 feet). So I'm forced to do most of my shopping by looking at websites & reading reviews. Will build my selection slowly, as I stumble through determining where my tastes steer me.

OTOH, adding another 15 miles to the trip takes me to a huge hootch-monger, where there's a decent selection of Single-Malts.

Some disadvantages to living out in the boonies, but worth the tranquility. And unlike the city, any gunfire noise just means a distant neighbor will probably be sharing some tasty bounty. Life IS good.

Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.