Cigar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started my 1st coolerdor today. It is black with a glass front & looks pretty cool in my office. Am not sure how many cubic feet it is, but I have 11 boxes in it & the humidity is reading 70%. Damn thing wouldn't keep my pop cold enough anyway. :)

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess I meant fridge-ador.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I converted a little glass door wine refrigerator to a humidor. I did it over my lunch hour. It only had a couple of cans of pop in it & a bottle of ketchup.

I unplugged it. Wiped out the inside with an anti-microbial sponge that I had dampened with distilled water. Put the media in it & the cigars. Is now at 69% rh. Will check it in the morning to see if the rh is holding steady.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
kansashat said:
I converted a little glass door wine refrigerator to a humidor. I did it over my lunch hour. It only had a couple of cans of pop in it & a bottle of ketchup.

I unplugged it. Wiped out the inside with an anti-microbial sponge that I had dampened with distilled water. Put the media in it & the cigars. Is now at 69% rh. Will check it in the morning to see if the rh is holding steady.
Hey got any pict of it im pretty curious what it looks like... good luck with it too.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Holding at 71* & 69% rh.

Unfortunately, I do not own a digital camera. Maybe this next spring.

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Nice!

I need to get something bigger also. I have 2 desktops and a 48qt cooler full, should have gone bigger with the cooler. Oh well, maybe I'll convert a wine chiller or wait and drop some major $$ on an Avallo cabinet. :p

·
Registered
978 Posts
1f1fan said:
Nice!

I need to get something bigger also. I have 2 desktops and a 48qt cooler full, should have gone bigger with the cooler. Oh well, maybe I'll convert a wine chiller or wait and drop some major $$ on an Avallo cabinet. :p
Ain't it the truth! It just seems there is never enough room.

If any of you who are new to cigars and are contemplating buying your first 25 ct humidor take note! Do yourself a favor and get something that will hold at LEAST 300 -- boxes that is. :r

_____
rm

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still spot on at 69% though the temp is up a bit today as it is quite warm in the heartlands at around 70. The temp in the fridge-ador is 73. We have the heat turned off in the house today.
Looks like this little baby is gonna work just fine! :w

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.