Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some mushy (soft) sticks. They also feel a bit too wet. Question: as I bring these down to 65rh for a month or two, will they firm up? Or are they just mushy?

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
A few things, in my experience, can cause this.

1. Cigar is underfilled.

2. Cigar has been over-humidified.

3. Cigar is fresh & will firm up with age.

4. Sometimes when exposed to higher heat for a while, the cigar tends to mush up a bit. This should go away quickly in optimum conditions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your expierience hat.

We'll find out in a month or two! (unless something better comes along. :D )

It seems that because it's 'bulbing' as it burns, it's got to be pretty wet. Or is my logic bad there?)

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Sounds like they are over humidified. Have never seen the bulbing phenomena though. Are you sure you aren't smoking a snake that swallowed a rat? Better check that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, it's not enough said. I'm new. My gutter-punk tastes have not YET been ruined. :D I can smoke in blissful ingornace for a while longer. Not much though. Steaming rat is still steaming rat.

Furthermore, I understand this to be a no-snob place. It says NOTHING about being able to detect the subtle chewiness of Madasacar Fart Nard.

Ok, kidding. I know what I bought. Works for today. Sort of.

bests,
jack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.