Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up this book from Mark at Cigarmony. I know many of you have it. As I strive to increase my knowledge of everything related to CC's, i am finding this excellent reading :tu

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I was one of the first people in the world to get a copy of this book...got it from a great cigar aficionado and friend who met with MRN prior to the book's release and actually distributed some of the first copies here in the U.S. I still have the same copy, though it is very, very well worn. A true classic; I have probably read it from cover to cover a dozen times...and still find something new each time. Along with the Gerard books, Zino's Connoisseur's book, the Fabulous Journey, and a handful of others it is one of the all-time great cigar tomes.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was one of the first people in the world to get a copy of this book...got it from a great cigar aficionado and friend who met with MRN prior to the book's release and actually distributed some of the first copies here in the U.S. I still have the same copy, though it is very, very well worn. A true classic; I have probably read it from cover to cover a dozen times...and still find something new each time. Along with the Gerard books, Zino's Connoisseur's book, the Fabulous Journey, and a handful of others it is one of the all-time great cigar tomes.
Chibnkr, as I started reading this book, as you know in the first few pages of the book they discuss the 1492's and as I was reading I was thinking.....Where did I see that logo before? Now I know! Nice avatar :tu

·
SLAP-HAPPY PAPPY
1,049 Posts
Interesting... Are these other publications available online?

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
What does a copy of that cost to obtain these days? I wouldn't mind having one as simply a "show-off" piece on my bookshelf
I think they're around $100.00. Can't remember how much I paid for my copy, but it was around that. Very well crafted book that is a "bible" of sorts. Comprehensive and great photos.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts