Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just smoked an $8.50 Zino Mouton Cadet and it tasted like burning newspaper,tossed it halfway through...........and this stick got high marks???.....sheesk.....

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts
somebody is bound to mention cohibas...personally i dont think they are overrated just overpriced(snif).

to me it is any robusto(i just never get a decent burn from any robustos) and in particular the RASS(ramon allones specially selected...rod).

derrek :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
most overrated cigar is the zino platinum chubby, WEAK!!! and at 35$ a stick they are nutz

the zino moulton sucks as well.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I feel that Diamond Crown is overrated. Tried one and it was nice, but not worth the $10+ I payed.

Grinch OUT!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Agree with Poker...very overpriced.
Just to add overpriced, just smoked the DC Maximus SG Torp today. $19 for the stick....ouch!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Never been impressed with any Ashton i've smoked . To me the price is out of tune with the quality of the smoke.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I have tried various C.A.O. and I must say I liked the Brazilla Piranha and the Italia but other than that I have been very disapointed in them. I feel for the price I can get much better cigars. Just my opinion.

T

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Mostly agree with what's been said. Most Fuente's cost too much for what you get, the Zino line is eh, and i'm finding recent CAO's to be very overrated.

Damn, this is an old thread!

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
Over-Rated is a lot of the Opus line. For the money you can get a much better cigar.

Now the Anejos are a different story.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
WOW A lot of Opus X bashing going on here. :bx But that's OK. You can't expect everyone to like the same cigars. If we did we would only need one brand for all of us. I think a lot of it has to do with the price and availability of Opus X. If anyone needs me to dispose of their hated Opus X just let me know.

For me aurora preferidos and, come to think of it, all auroras are way overrated. I would pay the price if they were good, but they are not. :2

·
Registered
120 Posts
Opus for me too. I bought five for my birthday a while back and was expecting an unbelievable smoke but nope. On the other hand, I had a Short Story the other day for the first time and really liked it alot and will probably buy a box.

The next big cigar on my list is a VSG. I'm hoping I won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
awhitaker said:
Opus for me too. I bought five for my birthday a while back and was expecting an unbelievable smoke but nope. On the other hand, I had a Short Story the other day for the first time and really liked it alot and will probably buy a box.

The next big cigar on my list is a VSG. I'm hoping I won't be disappointed.
I think people buy and smoke the Opus line WAY too early...give them at least a year...maybe 3. I have smoked some that were 7 years old and it was a totally different cigar. Worth the money?? well, it's all relative. Now the VSG's....Padron's....no thanks!

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Navydoc said:
I think people buy and smoke the Opus line WAY too early...give them at least a year...maybe 3. I have smoked some that were 7 years old and it was a totally different cigar. Worth the money?? well, it's all relative.
:tpd:

I might add that an OpusX is a strong cigar. Newer smokers tend to prefer milder profiles. Age them for a few years like Paul said and maybe the cigar and your palate will both be ready. :2

·
Registered
161 Posts
To be honest i'd have to say the Padron 40th annie 1926. I know it has gotten rave reviews, but i really feel that the Regular 1926 or 1964 are better. And at $30-50 a stick this is a real disappointment. Anyone feel that it is better than the other annie lines?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts