Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4 guys that want to split 2 boxes of monte's. I am thinking the #4 as it is mild with some taste - should appeal to everyone in the group. The 2nd box I want something with some snap, something that says its a real cuban montecristo. What would you recomend?? Please indicate if they are mild,medium or full bodied.

joe

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
So you want to be knocked on your can?????

Ummm how about the Monte#2......

"Certainly the king of piramides!!!! Very strong cigar,very good construction, well burning, good draw, smoke it with the wonderful long cuban coffee please. -"

Here is a review of the Monte#2. Thats what I would do. I believe a box is about 217 bucks.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm that strong huh, sounds good to me -but I dont know about the rest of the group. Personally Im not afraid of a strong cuban cigar. It seems they can be "full bodied" while the nonisom seems, at lest to me harsh and leaving a nasty aftertaste. My friend thinks the parta short is very full bodied, while I would give it medium, medium full (the short is as full as he wants to go, I could go more :D [drool/]) But I smoked the Vr Famosa (early last week) and thought that was full while people rate it a medium - either way it was good

What about the new Edmundo how strong are these? I read MoisTheMan review, they sound tasty but would that be a good pick because they are so young?

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I have some of the Edmundos on the way. I don't know how you would classify them as far as strength. Mo is busy moving, so I don't know if he will be on or not. Me I have heard nothing but good things about the Monte2. The only reason I haven't smoked one is I can't see spanding 12 Euros on a stick. Not when I can buy a box/split a box for a whole lot less...... If you are already getting the Monte4 I would consider doing a different brand for the 2nd box. A little variety can be a good thing. I love the Parti Short. I also think it is a medium to medium full cigar. I think IHT might disagree. How about a box of BBFs or BRC. Or a box of PSD4s. Or hell a box of VR Famosos. Those IMHO are full body cigars. I know some won't agree, but I love them. Also you could do a box of TPC for not a lot of cash, and get some serious butt kickers. Ummm SCdH El Principe comes to mind. The RASCC is suppose to be incredible. Boli Coronas Jr is also tauted. Just some friendly suggestions. If you still want to do another box of Monte I would say go with the Monte2. The Edmundos will be young, and I have read mixed reviews. MoTheMans review aided me in joining in on a box split. I'll review one when I get it, but that won't be until next week. Good luck.

Ctop

:pu

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
If you settle on the MC #2 i know there are a few sites selling a combo deal of MC #2's and #4's for around $400. I should be getting mine any day know :)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Hey thats a heck of a deal. Yep if I had the cash I would jump on that deal myself.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be getting a box of PSD4's. I will not be splitting them - talked wife into letting me get them as a 30th birthday present (july 3rd)

I agree with everything you said, for purely selfish reasons I would like to split some uppmann mag 46's. The el principe is a good idea, maybe I will try to get them to go with that.

Thanks for the advice

joe

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
NP. Also about the Mag 46's, be careful. I don't know if it is me or not, but I have had bad luck with the few that I have had. But I think that I just got some bad ones. You hear soo many good things about them. I was just really disappointed. [shruggs] Oh well.

Good luck with the GB....and smart move on the PSD4's. :D

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Have you tried them???????

If so how do yours taste??????

:z

·
Registered
921 Posts
Monte #2: My favorite smoke. I think it is more on the line of medium to full. I do not find it overpowering in anyway. The flavor is great.
Monte Edmundo: Has the Monte flavor, but more on the medium side. This is my opinion based on the couple I have smoked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts