Cigar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the new Montecristo White Label? I did not too long ago and was impressed. Normally, I refuse to try a cigar that goes for $12.00, unless it's a special occasion, but for the money i paid, it was a great smoke!

Grinch

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I tried it, as I was one of the folks who reviewed it for an upcoming "Staff Review" at T25C. I thought it was OK...but a little bland...kind of like a dressed up macanudo.

·
Registered
417 Posts
dagrinch,

I smoked my first Monte White yesterday. I was quite surprised at how much I liked the cigar. Contrary to my T25C editor, I thought the Monte White was flavorful with some spice. Perfect construction. I'lve got 2 more to smoke. Paul and I are usually pretty close on our reviews, so I'm anxious to hear how others evaluated it.

... rjs

·
Registered
76 Posts
I tried a Monte White about a month ago. I agree that the construction and burn were very nice. I feel it was lacking in flavor. When I compare the price and attributes of this stick to a Torano Reserve Selecta, the Torano wins hands down.

Taste is purely subjective. Price is not. When I pay almost $10 for a stick, I have alot of expectations about the flavor. The White left me a little disappointed. Not a bad cigar. However, not worth the price IMHO.

K

·
Registered
417 Posts
KevinS,

Thanks for the feedback. The quality of the smoking experience and the price of the cigar = Value. How much will we pay for a particular smoking experience?

I smoked the other 2 White Labels and had pretty much the same experience as with the first cigar. I paid a little over $6/stick from Dee's. Like you, there are other cigars that I can get the same or greater enjoyment from, but at a lower price.

I think the M/C White is a decent smoke, but I agree that the value may not be there for everyone.

... rjs

·
Registered
76 Posts
rjs,

Try a Torano Reserve Selecta Natural Torpedo and let me know how it compares to the Monte White. I'd be interested to see what you think.

I think I paid over $10 for the white I tried. I think it was corona size. My memory has been evading me lately. A severe case of mid fourties I think:rolleyes: .

Kevin

·
Registered
417 Posts
KevinS,

I'll give one a try next time I buy some singles. I have a box of the Torano 1959 Exodus... ok for an everyday cigar and good for guests.

Be happy with mid 40's memory. I've got early 50's memory... LOL.

... rjs

·
Registered
130 Posts
Re: Montecristo White Label

I been holding onto this cigar for a few weeks now.

Our softball team only won two games last season. So far this year we are 2-0 with a game tonight. If we win tonight, we of course passed our entire win total all of last year.

Which means the Cristo White is approved for smoking.

Come on--The victory cigar.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts

pds said:
I tried it, as I was one of the folks who reviewed it for an upcoming "Staff Review" at T25C. I thought it was OK...but a little bland...kind of like a dressed up macanudo.
Although I am a baby boomer & have problems with authority figures, I have to second PDS on this one. I think I reviewed the belicoso on the review board & said it reminded me of a Mac. Peace. :w

·
Registered
949 Posts

I was gifted a Monticristo White Label Churchhill. It was a very mild cigar. It had a lot of complexity though. It reminded me of a really well aged Helix(I typically do not like Helix. I have aged them for about 6 months and they are better but not great) or even very similar to a Cohiba Red Dot or a Diamond Crown. All in all it is your typical premium mild cigar. Good every once in a while. One thing I noticed about it is that I had to purge the cigar about 4 times. But I would expect that from such a big stogie. I think it was a 7 x 50.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts