Cigar Forums banner

Montecristo puritos

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Frinkiac7 
#1 ·
Has ne1 had these before?? Im looking for a short ride smoke.

#3 ·
I got a free pack of them not long ago. Wouldn't have picked them up on my own accord. Haven't totally settled yet, but I don't expect a whole lot out of them even if they were to.
Pretty harsh, thin RG and short filler makes it so you really have to watch your puffs.
Harsh/bitter puffs but each is followed by a strong aftertaste of pure, undeniable TWANG.

Going to keep smoking this pack of freebies, but I'm not expecting a whole lot of improvement. They are machine made short-filler cigarillos, great for a car ride into work I suppose. They do show promising twang, but I didn't get any sense of some kind of great, delicious underlying flavor that might present itself someday.

#10 ·
Smoked another puritos tonight...not as harsh which cuts down on the tongue-burn factor, but I can't say that makes it any more flavorful. Good tobacco flavor, definite twang, that's about it. Still, it hit the spot as I was driving around this evening, so I'm sure I will find an opportunity to smoke the rest pretty soon.

For the price point, there are probably better, handmade cigars. You won't get numerically as many sticks, but an overall better cigar. Still, I can see why people would stock up on these, especially if they were time constrained.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.