Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Monte was gif by MotheMan.

It was christmas eve. I was at the family gathering and standing out on my aunts porch. It was about 13 degrees out. One thing I have to note is that Cuban Cigars are the most creamy tasting cigars I have ever had. It is truely a unique flavor. Thanks Mo!!!!!

I clipped the end of this cigar with my palio. It was a little cigar similar in size to the Trinidad Reyes that I reviewed earlier. It had a similar draw and a similar prelight taste. I lit this guy with my trusty Colibri Triple flame. I lit flawlessly. And sure enough there was the creamy flavor again. This Cigar was creamy That slowly added a green woodsy flavor as the cigar progressed. Then an earthy flavor with the undertone of creamy butter the whole way through. This cigar lasted about 35 minuts and it was 35 minutes of heaven.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Re: Montechristo #4

kamikaiguy said:
This Monte was gif by MotheMan.

It was christmas eve. I was at the family gathering and standing out on my aunts porch. It was about 13 degrees out. One thing I have to note is that Cuban Cigars are the most creamy tasting cigars I have ever had. It is truely a unique flavor. Thanks Mo!!!!!

I clipped the end of this cigar with my palio. It was a little cigar similar in size to the Trinidad Reyes that I reviewed earlier. It had a similar draw and a similar prelight taste. I lit this guy with my trusty Colibri Triple flame. I lit flawlessly. And sure enough there was the creamy flavor again. This Cigar was creamy That slowly added a green woodsy flavor as the cigar progressed. Then an earthy flavor with the undertone of creamy butter the whole way through. This cigar lasted about 35 minuts and it was 35 minutes of heaven.
Glad that you liked it. :D

The box was purchased from a vendor down under, and I believe, the box was from either late '03 or early '04 (I'm at work right now so I'd have to check when I get home). Overall, the whole box was an excellent batch.

·
still puffin
1,001 Posts

a good cigar
have never bought a box of monty#4's but over the years have gotten 40 or 50 five packs.never think of them as a goto cigar but they are always there.

derrek :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

Great review on a wonderful cigar. I find that the Monte flavor is always excellent, relaxing and satisfying.

Love the #2 (who doesn't?), but the #4 still has that special flavor to it!

·
Registered
668 Posts

03 and 04 #4's are still young but are full of flavor............the #2 is still the goto Monte for me............but I generally prefer torps and robustos.

nice review

·
Registered
368 Posts

LOVE THE MONTE #4!!
The problem is, is that I often overlook it. I'm usually busy chasing and replenishing my regular lineup. I need to get this one back into the rotation! The Monte #3 is tasty as well!! :D

·
Registered
882 Posts

I love these cigars I never bought a Fiver or a box yet but every once in a while I take the hike across the boarder and I grab a few. These are one of those cigars that are always over looked. But Soon As you have one you always want more. I need to order a box now befor I forget to again.

What was I about to do? :)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

I enjoy the Monte#4...one of the few Montes that I do really enjoy. The rest don't do too much for me. 1f1fan and I are doing a box split of Monte#5s....so I am interested to see how those are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.