Cigar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I joined the group today and received a Modus 2! I already own the perfect draw tool but, well. I like gadgets! This thing is very hefty and feels every bit worthy of the $40 price. Throw in the nubber and punch tool and it makes for a good bargain even though it is ten dollars more than the Perfect Draw tool. I just lit a Plasencia Alma Fuerte and punched it with the Modus punch. It worked great but the draw is perfect so no chance to see how well the poker works.

·
Registered
Anything in the general Robusto/belicosos size roughly
653 Posts
My modus has more than paid for itself in salvaged Cigars since I got it at Christmas

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Bloke with a Smoke
674 Posts
I also started with Perfectdraw then Modus. You will reach your own conclusions but I the Modus is excellent as a nubber. The punch is sharp. I find the perfecdraw better as a draw tool but your mileage may vary. Well crafted bit of kit, eh?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
One of the reviews I watched came to the same conclusion as you have regarding the draw tool aspect. The Modus definitely has a higher level of attention to detail and overall build. Perhaps a second or third barb could be added to draw part of the modus? They could easily do that and sell that piece as a direct replacement for current owners.

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,165 Posts
I’ve had mine for about a year, I think. Maybe a little longer. Outstanding quality. I bought it primarily for the nub tool and found the punch to be a perfect size.

I don’t think I’ve needed the draw tool yet, but it looks like it would do the job. Could also double as the perfect tool to grab the last pickle in the jar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
30 Posts
Was going to purchase one of these off of Amazon, but saw some reviews saying the draw tool comes loose.
Has anyone had this happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,836 Posts
Was going to purchase one of these off of Amazon, but saw some reviews saying the draw tool comes loose.

you'd just send it back if it did..

I've got 4 never had an issue.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts

Never any issue at all. One of the best tools I have. I say give it a shot.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Agreed. Never had an Issue with mine either.
And it has more than paid for itself in salvaged Cigars for sure.
Its an excellent tool and one of my best Cigar related purchases i have made

·
Bloke with a Smoke
674 Posts
Had mine a short time. The number occasionally loosens but then again I've knocked if off the table onto the cement floor in the garage. Minor inconvenience at worse.

·
Modus CSR
105 Posts

That issue has been resolved. The early Modus II's from the first production run in 2017 had an aluminum center ferrule. Draw tool skewer could loosen up if you worked it hard enough to wallow out the aluminum. subsequent production versions went to a stainless steel center ferrule with the skewer now laser welded.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, will be getting one soon.

You wont regret it. Excellent tool, especially on plugs as the hook part grabs large chunks of the plug and opens them up. More than worth what I paid for it

·
Super Moderator
16,836 Posts
Spend the couple bucks and get the combo. If you're like me and don't want your cigar touching the ashtray, the rest is worth it. The glue is a life saver.. beats spit and chap stick.

So you don't think I'm nuts about the ashtray comment. Think of it this way. Some guys get their cigars all slobbered up and sits it in the ashtray, then you're next to use the ashtray. It curdles my milk just thinkin about it. I mean you wouldn't lick the ashtray, so why would you want to put a cigar on it, then stick that cigar directly in YOUR MOUTH..

Think about it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts