Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all-
just got a message passed to me from my secretary that:

"MIS is on the phone, says they have a package for us and want to speak to the manager."

now she is not super great at message dictation so that MIS could have been anything ;)

i picked up the phone, and whoever was on the other end hung up. not sure if they hung up from waiting too long, or when they heard my voice.

never heard of MIS. anyone?? anything to worry about? i do have one package in transit from the UK, and another that was delivered yesterday safely.
thanx in advance
jimmy

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Jimmy

This one is easy to figure out my friend. Your secretary was telling you that THE MISSES is on the line...obviously she saw one of the invoices from your cigar purchases.

There is only one fix for this one...buy the Misses something!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know most are decent people, but i almost can't believe some of the ones i get to talk to almost daily. i feel like i should be able to file assault charges at the end of the phone call ;) :D
jimmy

·
Registered
271 Posts
Lamar said:
Jimmy

Lighten up on that salesman...all of us aren't bad folks!
Hopefully you don't sell stuff over the phone... Boy I always have a fun time with them :r but if you sell vaccuums door to door, i'll gladly let you come in and do my vaccuuming haha

Ryan

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hey Jimmy,
That phone call was probably just someone trying to sell lightbulbs. You can't get away from those kinds. One of them actually crashed the cigar circle tonight.
Nice meeting you.
Bruce5

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Ryan

Although I am tempted to cold call, (fun stuff!) I sell through seminars and lunch & learns.

I'll do you a favor though, if you send me your phone number, I'll have it placed on the National PLEASE Call List and I can probably get 30 to 40 cold calls to you a day.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bruce nice to meet you too. hope to see more of you guys. next time i will have to bring my buddy who was a "proffesional" lightbulb salesman up in philly a few years back. he has some of the best stories i have ever heard in my life!
just an update to all who cared, i recieved my only outstanding box of sticks the other day without any problems. so i assume this phone call that spooked me was nothing at all.
nice weekend to all
jimmy

·
Registered
271 Posts
Lamar said:
Ryan

Although I am tempted to cold call, (fun stuff!) I sell through seminars and lunch & learns.

I'll do you a favor though, if you send me your phone number, I'll have it placed on the National PLEASE Call List and I can probably get 30 to 40 cold calls to you a day.
SURE no problem, my numbers 911. Call it anytime, 40 times a day if you wish :D :r

Ryan

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Hey jimmy!

Hope that you enjoyed yourself last night.
I couldn't be there but hope to get to meet you next week.

MoTheMan

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah Jimmy

Glad you made it out last night, I really like are smoking Friday night crew, thanks for the Siglo VI!! Gonna let it sit for awhile (if I can) ;)

MIS still means LOSER in your context

1 - 16 of 16 Posts