Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had a lot of losses on this board and I have had my fair share this past week losing three good friends. I stepped out to enjoy a San Cristobol which gave me time to reflect while enjoying the mysteries of the leaf.

Seems like our hobby is a lot like life in a lot of ways in that its pleasure is fleeting at best. For what it is worth, enjoy your next stick to the max because life is so short. I used to think that life was a Double Corona, actually its more like a TPC!

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
My condolences regarding your losses, Lamar. I too have suffered loss this past month, as a friend was killed in a car wreck (a drunk driver) and her husband was seriously injured and is in Craig Hospital (the brain injury center in Denver). These moments always cause us to reflect on life... not a bad thing, but it is a shame that it takes death and loss to bring us to this point so very often...

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I am sorry to hear about both of your losses. I will smoke a special cigar tonight in memory of your friends.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Thank you all for your kind words! You all are great!

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
My sincerest condolences & best regards.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry for your loss Lamar, I guess as we all get older this becomes more a part of our lives... I guess one saying that sticks out in my mind is "Life is short at the longest"... As I get older this becomes more evident.... Live each day to the fullest,.... Bman

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Just did a net search on "life is fleeting"... there are thousands musing this same issue.

I like one statement in particular: life on earth is a temporary assignment.

It helps me keep in perspective (like when I look up at the stars whilst on a cruise in the middle of the ocean and realize just how big space is and how small I am). I realize that my life, hopefully at least 70 years, in the span of eternity is but a pinpoint, but all of the pinpoints together add up to make an incredible mosaic. Each life well lived adds more light and beauty to the bigger picture.

I'm sorry for your losses, and pray that time will heal the sorrow in your hearts. "we mourn not for those who have gone on ahead, but rather for ourselves, that we are left behind."

Thanks for the reminder Lamar...

I'm going to try to remember to enjoy what gifts I've been given and not to "sweat the small stuff" that in the long run will have little to no bearing on my life as a whole.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Churchlady said:
Just did a net search on "life is fleeting"... there are thousands musing this same issue.

I like one statement in particular: life on earth is a temporary assignment.

It helps me keep in perspective (like when I look up at the stars whilst on a cruise in the middle of the ocean and realize just how big space is and how small I am). I realize that my life, hopefully at least 70 years, in the span of eternity is but a pinpoint, but all of the pinpoints together add up to make an incredible mosaic. Each life well lived adds more light and beauty to the bigger picture.

I'm sorry for your losses, and pray that time will heal the sorrow in your hearts. "we mourn not for those who have gone on ahead, but rather for ourselves, that we are left behind."

Thanks for the reminder Lamar...

I'm going to try to remember to enjoy what gifts I've been given and not to "sweat the small stuff" that in the long run will have little to no bearing on my life as a whole.
Hi Church lady

I am new to this Forum but I am quite active in CW. I Could not help but remark on these midnight musings. I work as an RN in a hospital and I do see this almost everyday. I have come also to the conclusion that Life IS short and we are living on borrowed time. Seen people give up, seen people fighting it. Fact of the matter is, when the time is up( not just end of life..it could also refer to the end of productivity and financial capability) - people regret not have taken that vacation, or done this or done that....

Maybe the saying "Carpe Diem" (Seize the Day) really applies...

Its 4 am and I think I will smoke a party short before turning in. gotta work tomorrow night X 3. Gnight folks!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
crossbow said:
Hi Church lady

I am new to this Forum but I am quite active in CW. I Could not help but remark on these midnight musings. I work as an RN in a hospital and I do see this almost everyday. I have come also to the conclusion that Life IS short and we are living on borrowed time. Seen people give up, seen people fighting it. Fact of the matter is, when the time is up( not just end of life..it could also refer to the end of productivity and financial capability) - people regret not have taken that vacation, or done this or done that....

Maybe the saying "Carpe Diem" (Seize the Day) really applies...

Its 4 am and I think I will smoke a party short before turning in. gotta work tomorrow night X 3. Gnight folks!!
Amen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts