Metal tube

Tags
metal tube
683 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  d_day 
#1 ·
Hey,
How do you store cigars in the metal tubes.Been smoking all these years,
and never had any to put in a humidor.Do you leave them in the tube,take
the cap off,or take the whole cigar out?
Ernie

#2 ·
I usually just leave them in the tube with the cap on... but, I saw a LOT of catastrophic failures with Tatuaje Red Tubes with the original release, so I've taken to opening them, turning the cigar around so the head sticks out, then leave it in the tube.

Failures were all related to clipping the head and watching the whole cigar fall apart in your hands. However, after a little while in reverse with the cap off the tube, the failures stopped entirely...

YMMV

#5 ·
I think most take the cap off and let them sit. Personally, since most of the tubos have some kind hygroscopic media in them, I take them out completely.

I fear mold.
Dang it Don
One of the few we disagree on I think most into tubes leave them the way they are. I do check mine from time to time and the only times I have seen or had mold is when the sticks were shipped to wet.

If ya only have a few you might try both or all 3 methods and let us know in a few years. LOL

#6 ·
On the rare occasions I've had tubes, I've left them in, with the exception of when I got a box of Arturo Fuente King Ts. After pulling out the first one to smoke, I noticed a little spot of mold, so I pulled them all out, figuring they were all in danger. Some had minor spots, others had nothing. I blame the cedar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.