Cigar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to wish everyone an early Merry Christmas. I wont be able to post for a while because Im going in for back surgery and probably wont be able to hobble down to the computer for a couple days after Christmas. And since I cant find operating room where smoking is allowed...smoke a few for me :w

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Best wishes for the holidays and have a safe & rapid recovery.

MoTheMan

·
Registered
354 Posts
I wish you a speedy recovery and a Merry Christmas.
Enjoy a good smoke in bed. There's nothing better. Just don't fall asleep.

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone. Surgery was originally scheduled for the 23rd, but they bumped me to this morning....nothing like surgery on christmas eve. luckily i am doing a lot better than expected. im able to walk pretty well and sit for short periods. six weeks and they say ill be as good as new. thanks again and merry christmas

·
Registered
410 Posts
AAlmeter said:
Just wanted to wish everyone an early Merry Christmas. I wont be able to post for a while because Im going in for back surgery and probably wont be able to hobble down to the computer for a couple days after Christmas. And since I cant find operating room where smoking is allowed...smoke a few for me :w
Merry Christmas Bro! I had my L4/L5 surgery 3 weeks ago and i've been up and about since 2 hours after I woke up in recovery. It's great! I hope your recovery goes as well. :w

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Merry Christmas everyone, I also need the surgery, but have been puting it off, but the sciatica is getting worse, won't be long now. I hope everyone gets what they want for the holidays and your time spent with your families is great, treasure every moment. The wife gave me a cab of SLR pcs for Christmas, God bless her pea pickin little heart. :D

·
Light's on..No one's home
371 Posts
AAlmeter said:
luckily i am doing a lot better than expected. im able to walk pretty well and sit for short periods. six weeks and they say ill be as good as new. thanks again and merry christmas
Great news! Glad to hear you are doing so well! Merry Christmas!

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tbateman- they had me slated for L4/L5....too bad it was my L5/S1. i caught that as they were reading everything to me just before they put me under. good thing...although if they went through with it i would have enough $ to pay for a lifetime of smokes.

my recovery so far has been great. my brother had L5/S1 last year along with some work on his bone spurs and he had a hell of a time...so I was expecting the worst. I have been up and moving with no problems at all. Tomorrow Im heading over to my buddys to direct the construction of his new smoking room. Another couple weeks and I will be able to try out the new power tools I got for Christmas.

Edisonbird...go for it. Ive been dealing with this for two years now and its made a huge difference already. The sciatica was bad, but when that disk slips and touches your spinal cord...thats the worst. Having that happen while driving home from the grocery store is what made me have the surgery. Good luck.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Glad to hear that you're recovering well Adam and that the pain will finally leave you alone. Have a great holiday!

MoTHeMan

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Adam

Glad to hear that you are coming around for the board is certainly a better place with you on it. Rick, be encouraged and do consider getting that Siatic taken care of. I hear that SLR's taste even better after the surgery!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.