Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
-
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, i've gotten a few PMs from other members who either have business around there, live within an hours drive, or will just happen to be in the Oklahoma area at the same time Coppertop and I will be there.

i sent a PM to those ppl, but figured i'd just make it a topic due to character restrictions in PMs.

i think it would be really cool if we call ALL meet at the same time, like a 6 person (or more) dinner herf.
y'know, if some of you are gonna take the time to come meet up with us, why not make it more worth your while and meet with MORE CS members at the same time?

we'll be there from the 8th - 16th of may, but we won't know our schedule for sure... i don't think it'll be a problem, if we have to work "semi-late" one night, we can split our shifts with the other 2 guys we work with....

so, does anyone know that area and a nice place to eat that allows cigar smokers? this will be my first time in Muskogee.

yes, expect me to sing some song, "i'm just an okie from muskogee..." i might have to learn the rest though. :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
In, too. Just let me know when. Last minute is fine with me, I'm only a couple hours drive away.

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
It would be pretty easy for me too in normal circumstances, but have to be in St. Louis from May 12 thru 14. I may be out.... :mad:

LMK what dates you guys were planning on.

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
IHT said:
alright, i've gotten a few PMs from other members who either have business around there, live within an hours drive, or will just happen to be in the Oklahoma area at the same time Coppertop and I will be there.

i sent a PM to those ppl, but figured i'd just make it a topic due to character restrictions in PMs.

i think it would be really cool if we call ALL meet at the same time, like a 6 person (or more) dinner herf.
y'know, if some of you are gonna take the time to come meet up with us, why not make it more worth your while and meet with MORE CS members at the same time?

we'll be there from the 8th - 16th of may, but we won't know our schedule for sure... i don't think it'll be a problem, if we have to work "semi-late" one night, we can split our shifts with the other 2 guys we work with....

so, does anyone know that area and a nice place to eat that allows cigar smokers? this will be my first time in Muskogee.

yes, expect me to sing some song, "i'm just an okie from muskogee..." i might have to learn the rest though. :)
Oh Merle, I remember sitting on my Dad's knee singing along with him to that and the bottle let me down.

The Bottle Let Me Down
Merle Haggard

D
Each night I leave the barroom when it's over
A7
Not feeling any pain at closing time
A7
But tonight you memory found me much to sober
D
Couldn't drink enough to keep you off my mind

CHORUS:
D
Tonight the bottle let down
A7
and let you memory come around
A7
The one true friend I thought I'd found
D

I've always had a bottle I could turn to
And lately I've been turning everyday
But the wind don't take effect the way it used to
And I'm hurting in an old familiar way

CHORUS

Hope we can work out a time and place that suits everyone..

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Alright, Greg gave me a site that lists the restaurants in Muskogee. There are a few bar and grills, Applebees that I see as possible options. I have called Applebees and the lady who answered is pretty sure they allow cigars.....(thats going to need another phone call later). Then I started calling the Bar and Grills, only one place answered and that was Jumper Sports Bar and Grill. He says they don't allow people who don't smoke.....LOL, so we can smoke there. I will try and call some other places tomorrow........I'll post what I find out. Hopefully I will find some more options. Look forward to meeting you all. :D

·
-
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now we gotta find a DATE, hopefully before the 12th, so we can get K-hat to meet up as well.

i'm leaning toward the 11th, as i think that's a wednesday, right? hump day is always a good day. (or is that too much driving and too close together for you, k-hat?)

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
man, it's too bad you guys won't be closer to OKC.. they have a piano bar cigar lounge. We can't wait to go there.. they have a few different ones in Oklahoma City but that's the one that's the most appealing to us. I tried looking up cigar friendly places there in Muskogee and didn't have any luck.. sports bar sounds like our kind of place..

·
-
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if we had time (read: not getting off work late in the afternoon and heading back early in the morning) we'd probably drive out to OKC...
how long of a drive is that?

doh, mapquest says it's roughly 2 hrs 11 min from okc and muskogee.

ha, only 5.5 hours from Kc to Muskogee though... around 300 miles.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
we'll have a rental car so anyday is ok with us. We'll have to figure out whose going to watch John Tyler for us while we're gone but that shouldn't be too hard. We'd love to meet Allan too so hopefully there will be a day that works for everyone.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
If we drive to OKC that better be an early day LOL. But how much further is it for the other people who want to come. That would be a pretty long drive for CigarHoss and K-hat. I don't know where Frank and Anita are going to be??? Just a thought, not trying to squish the idea

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
coppertop said:
If we drive to OKC that better be an early day LOL. But how much further is it for the other people who want to come. That would be a pretty long drive for CigarHoss and K-hat. I don't know where Frank and Anita are going to be??? Just a thought, not trying to squish the idea
oh no, I didn't mean it.. I wasn't trying to suggest OKC at all, we'll go to Muskogee. I was just saying that they have a cigar friendly piano bar there that sounds like it's going to be a great time, that's all. I looked up a bunch of places that are cigar friendly in OKC and when we saw that it's a jazz club, we got really excited about it.

·
-
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how is the 11th sound to everyone?

mike is working on finding a place that's down with cigar smokers (sounds like the place that doesn't accept non-smokers will do).

we'll try to get directions and a time out to everyone soon.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Ms. Floydp said:
oh no, I didn't mean it.. I wasn't trying to suggest OKC at all, we'll go to Muskogee. I was just saying that they have a cigar friendly piano bar there that sounds like it's going to be a great time, that's all. I looked up a bunch of places that are cigar friendly in OKC and when we saw that it's a jazz club, we got really excited about it.
I didn't mean what I said to upset........I, personally, wouldn't mind going to OKC........Sounds like a cool place. Sorry if what I said came off wrong.................

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
coppertop said:
I didn't mean what I said to upset........I, personally, wouldn't mind going to OKC........Sounds like a cool place. Sorry if what I said came off wrong.................
nope, it didn't come off wrong Mike. Just wanted to make sure you understood what I meant is all. I don't take anything that's said as bad or mean, if that's the way you want me to take it at anytime, you'd better send a hammer or something to smack me upside the head and say, HEY!! I'm being mean now!! :r Otherwise like Dave said, I'll just keep on laughing and smiling... :D see???? LOL

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
IHT said:
how is the 11th sound to everyone?
it's good for us too!! Get it cemented and we'll get a babysitter lined up..

If all else fails, there's always Mike and Greg's hotel room...LOLOLOL Do we want to go there???? LOLOLOL.. sorry guys, I found that funny. No offense PLEASE!!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Ms. Floydp said:
If all else fails, there's always Mike and Greg's hotel room...LOLOLOL Do we want to go there???? LOLOLOL.. sorry guys, I found that funny. No offense PLEASE!!
We only share sometimes DAMMITT!!!! :r :D

NO OFFENSE TAKEN..........REALLY

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.