Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if anyone ever buys from ***************,com but I've had a bad experence i'd like to share with everyone. I bought a 25bundle of cheaper everyday type smoke. well more than half of them were not smokeable due to holes or cracks or I dont know why. I emailed them to let them know and all they told me is 'what do you expect when you buy a cheap bundle' and that I should have spent more money and got some quality smokes. Now it may be true that sometimes you get what you pay for but myself being in the retail/customer service field you should treat EVERY customer the same, No matter how much they spend!

I will NEVER buy from these a-holes again even if they can save me $2 or $3.

Just my 2-cents

Thank you

Jay
Parker, Colo. 

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
See? You can post this over here & no one will yell at you.

I have purchased from this site 2 or 3 times & not had a problem. Sorry to hear that you did. Why don't you call them back & tell them how you feel about their service? They will either respond differently & try to make you happy, or prove you're initial impression to be correct.

BTW, which bundle did you buy? Sometimes construction problems will be an inherent problem with that cigar, as they made it to a bundle for that very reason. I've seen some really ugly sticks, made by reputable companies, that had to have been rolled by the novice rollers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kansashat said:
See? You can post this over here & no one will yell at you. .
I know, This is great :)

kansashat said:
Why don't you call them back & tell them how you feel about their service? They will either respond differently & try to make you happy, or prove you're initial impression to be correct.
naw, Ill just let it go and never give them my money again. Thats the best way to prove your point to a retailer

kansashat said:
BTW, which bundle did you buy? .
I'll have to take a look when I get home tonight and let ya know.

Thank you for the reply!

-Jay

·
Registered
145 Posts
Jay,
Have you tried the bundles from www.mdcigars.com ?
I ordered a sampler a couple weeks ago and they were pretty good. It came with 5 cigars: 3 torpedos, one churchill, and one corona. The torpedos were great, the chruchill unrolled slightly after i smoked it half way and the corona had a tight draw, but they all tasted really good. I just ordered a bundle of the honduran torpedos for 43 bucks. I haven't had any problems with customer service there. If you are looking for a good everyday smoke they are deffinately worth a look. The sampler I got was just $10. Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the suggestion. Ill give um a try.

I need to stop ordering right now though till my new box comes. I have more stick than I have room for :)

Thanks again!!!

-Jay

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How long can I keep my sticks in a tupper-ware type box before I should start to worry? I had a few in there but after awhile it smelled like the cat used it to take a leak!!! I get my new box tomorrow so I should be ok for a few more days while it cures.(I hope)

Thanks,

-Jay

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
Just open the box every so often to let the cigars air out and get rid of that smell, I assume it is an ammonia smell. They do that as they are going through the "sick" period

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ive bought from then 3-4 times and had no problems. In fact, I've actually found them to be quite good with customer service. Maybe you just got someone on a bad day. :confused:

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
summerkc said:
Yeah, thats what my wife says. :D

smack

I deserved that.
Summer seems to be fixated on bruised bananas & long sticks. Maybe he will make a gorilla yet. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
130 Posts
cwaddell_1 said:
Jay,
Have you tried the bundles from www.mdcigars.com ?
I ordered a sampler a couple weeks ago and they were pretty good. It came with 5 cigars: 3 torpedos, one churchill, and one corona. The torpedos were great, the chruchill unrolled slightly after i smoked it half way and the corona had a tight draw, but they all tasted really good. I just ordered a bundle of the honduran torpedos for 43 bucks. I haven't had any problems with customer service there. If you are looking for a good everyday smoke they are deffinately worth a look. The sampler I got was just $10. Good luck.
I'll second the MD sampler.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.