Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i will NEVER buy another La Gloria as they are the most inconsistantly rolled cigars i`ve ever had...........last couple of weeks i`ve tossed about 8 of `em for bad burn,no taste,peeling wrappers,etc.............down with LGC....IMHO......:pu

·
Registered
718 Posts
This is not good news. LGC is one of my go-to brands. Do you normally buy the Miami version or the Dominican? Which supplier? Which vitolas? I like the maduro Wavells and a couple of the larger sizes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've been smoking LGC boxes after boxes, both Miami and DR, Natural and Maduro, all the shapes 5" or shorter including Serie R, and I've never had such problems. Well, maybe not "never", but anyway "very rare". Your vendor might have kept them in bad conditions...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Have to agree with TomN.

Upon reading this post, I looked back at my notes and, sure enough, except for the Serie R, LGCs have consistently had construction or uneven burn probelms, even with extended humi time and coming from several different vendors.

-Quixote

·
Registered
76 Posts
I hope the box of Miami Wavells I just bought are OK.

I have had burn problems only with the EMS Hermosos in the past. I have been smoking a good number of Glorias in maduro with no problems.

The Serie R are definitely a "cut above" the regular line.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I find LGCs to be all over the chart with regard to burn and flavor.
Some sizes are the worst cigars I have ever smoked. A couple remain my all time favorites. So why the big difference? Who knows, I've given away so many LGCs it breaks my heart. I've given some to dog rocket smokers and they didn't like them either. Corona Gorda and Soberano in maduro are wonderful, IMHO the rest mostly suck, Miami or DR.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.