Cigar Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey BOTLs and SOTLs. Being a former Marine, I'm a sucker for anything Marine Corps related. I was skimming through a cool website that sells Marine Corps related items and came across a box of cigars. Now I've seen other "Marine Corps" cigars, and yes search Nazis, I did use the search function and found a few reviews of other types, but not this one. Does anyone have any into on these? I emailed the company and they said they are not "allowed" to tell me what company made the cigars, but the emblems and prayers on the box are engraved, not a sticker. Any thoughts would be appreciated also.

· Registered
4,034 Posts
How about a link to where you found them... I am sure there are a few other Jarheads that would be interested.

· Registered
3,697 Posts
Are these the ones from Sgt Grit? I have seen them listed but they seem severely over priced and I would be concerned about their condition since they are the only cigars carried.

· Stitch aint' here no more
433 Posts
Being a former Jar myself I have the same problem, I gotta have anything with the Eagle Globe & Anchor on it ...
The Marine Corps cigars from Cuban Crafters are Decent and smokable
at least a year ago they were ....
CI also has a "Semper-Fi" brand ...Never had em' but they don't have the EG&A on them, the band just says Semper Fi
Good luck & Semper Fi Brother!

· Is That you John Wayne.
345 Posts
You should try the Semper Fi by Camacho. I've bought a couple of fivers from CBid and they are not bad. I would go with a cigar by Camacho before I bought cigars from SgtGrit.

Semper Fi.:tu

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll be quite honest with everyone, I'm really more interested in the box!!! I too think that Sgt. Grit probably just keeps thier stock of these things with everything else they sell. Oh well. I appreciate everyone's input. Semper Fi Devil Dogs!

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I posted two links for Cuban Crafters and CigarsInternational, both carry a "Marine Corps" labeled cigar. Are the links not showing for you?:ss
Yep, they worked. I read a review here that said the cuban crafters MC cigars were sort of crappy. The MC emblem on the box was just a sticker. The cigars at Sgt Grits seem to be a little better quality, and the emblem on the box is carved. I may just pick up a box to see. caveat emptor I guess.

· Registered
2,690 Posts
I'll be quite honest with everyone, I'm really more interested in the box!!! I too think that Sgt. Grit probably just keeps thier stock of these things with everything else they sell. Oh well. I appreciate everyone's input. Semper Fi Devil Dogs!
Sounds to me you kinda had your mind set before you even posted so I would just go ahead and buy the Sgt. Grit one. :tu If it were me I would find a nice USMC desktop humi and fill it with what I want if it is the box you are most interested in. Because other than looks the Sgt. Grit one may not do a hole lot when it comes to keeping cigars long term. Either way I hope you get what you want.

Semper Fi........:gn

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.