Cigar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JR Cigars had these as their weekly special last week. A box of 40 cigars for $68, I couldn't pass it up. I had read good reviews of the MM over at Top 25 Cigar, so what the heck.

I got the Maduros. They arrived on Monday. Probably could use a little more time in the humidor, but I can never wait.

Construction: Excellent. Smooth, shiny, dark wrapper. No prominent veins. Slightly springy to the touch, almost, but not quite spongy.

Appearance: Very good. The maduro wrapper was very dark. A deep, chocolatey brown, with a mottled look.

Burn: Excellent. I did not have to correct the burn even once. It went smoothly and evenly from start to finish. Ash was a dark grey with white flecks, held on for an inch or so. Probably could have held longer.

Taste: Good to very good. Might improve with some time in the humidor. There was a lot of smoke, with a pleasant aftertaste, sort of like coffee and, I'm not sure, maybe walnuts.

This was a good deal. Sorry I couldn't provide a review sooner so some of you other gorillas could have taken advantage of the sale.

·
Bacon Lover
808 Posts
drc - Maria Mancini MM's have been my "go-to" cigar for years. If there is one thing that is true about these cigars it is that they taste 100% better after a few weeks in the humi (trust me, I know). I have even gotten boxes that were HORRIBLE at first that I considered giving away to my less cigar knowledgable friends, but after a few weeks they were actually pretty damm good. So if yours taste good from the start you should love them in a few weeks!

I haven't had the maduro in a long time. I like the H2000 ones b/c they are pretty spicy. I forget - how spicy would you consider the maduro to be? Im actually thinking of getting some.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
smokemifyagotem,
I'd say the maduros are not spicy at all. But, bear in mind that I've been smoking a lot of JdN and Padron maduro lately, so my spice receptors may have burned out. ;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
I used to smoke a whole lot of these, fished one out this week on account of the posts regarding the special, and my tastes have moved away from the maduro profile, but I love the boxes they come in, great for stashing other smokes in the coolerdor with.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've had the same experience with these cigars.
When I got my first box they were a really lousy smoke. I stashed them in the bottom of my humidor and forgot about them.
Several months later I rediscovered them and was surprised at how much better they were. I would say definitely plan on sitting on these for a while.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I bought the box of 40 on the same JR special everyone else seemed to be in on. A great special for a quality cigar. The only difference is that I purchased the natural wrapper.

I have thouroughly enjoyed my experience with MM and hope they go on special again. I would love to try the madurros.

I have found the MM to be a well constructed cigar with a good flavor and excellent draw. The aroma of the smoke is great and the flavor is wonderful.

I would not hesitate recommending these cigars to anyone - especially if you can get 40 for $68! :D

·
Registered
949 Posts
Re: Maria Mancini Magic Mountain

I finally had a Magic Mountian.

I had the Maduro. It is a very good Cigar right out of the box. I would like to let them sit a little in my humidor for awhile. I think the first inch is a little harsh or young tasting. I think they would benifit from some age. Does anyone agree. Or am I just smokeing (get the Pun)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

kamikaiguy said:
I finally had a Magic Mountian.

I had the Maduro. It is a very good Cigar right out of the box. I would like to let them sit a little in my humidor for awhile. I think the first inch is a little harsh or young tasting. I think they would benifit from some age. Does anyone agree. Or am I just smokeing (get the Pun)
In my humble experience, the Magic Mountains tasted good the day I purchased them and after aging, they still taste good. Maybe I've been fortunate, but I always have had good experiences with these cigars.

I will also say that after they have given these cigars to several friends and they think they are some of the best they have ever tasted.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

Irish said:
Hope so. Just bought a box.
I don't think you will disapointed! Especially for the price...

(You know, I am beginning to sound like that guy - "The Unofficial Spokesman for Wendys" on TV! :r - Maybe Maria Mancini will put me on the payroll. Yeah, right! :p )

Enjoy the MMs!

:cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts

I'll have to say that they do benefit from some humidor time. I love Maria Mancini MM and DeGaulle and I've smoked them both OTT and with Humidor time and I think that there's a big difference. I have some that are over two years old mmmmm can't wait.
ED

Attachments

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts

I have some Magic Mountains & DeGaulles that have been resting in the humidor for about a year or so. Will have to dig a couple out & try em again. There is so much out there I haven't tried, & I'm such a cigar ho', that I tend to lose track of some good ones (great buys too!) while I'm feeding the monkey.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.