Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased these about a year ago. Tried one after shipment and they were INSANE HARSH...Stuck them in the Humi until tonight, and decided to break one out.

Origin:
Wrapper: Costa Rica
Binder: Honduran
Filler: Nicaragua

Construction: Fairly Crude, Box Pressed Cigar. Veiny wrapper. Not a very pretty Cigar to look at. Each Cigar in the Box are somewhat inconsistent looking.

Smell/Pre Light: Nothing Spectacular. Grassy/Sweet Flavor on the Pre-light Draw. Draw is good.

1st Third: Grassy Flavor. Required Some Burn corrections. Nothing Crazy. Easy work for my Blazer. Good Draw.

2nd Third: Grass, VERY Slight Spice/Pepper, and Cream. Minor Corrections Continue.

Last 3rd: Grass, Cream, Slight Leather/Wood and VERY Slight Pepper. Minor Corrections in Burn ETC...

Finish: Cream and Pepper, slight Leather flavors.

Ash: Variable. Somewhat Flakey, didn't seem to hold that well. Greyish/White Ash.

Overall: Pretty good. Not Stellar or anything, but decent. The year or so of age certainly mellowed these out, but I don't think they are going to get any better with additional Humi time. I'm not a big fan of Honduran or Nic Tobacco, but these are satisfying for the price point.

Strength: Medium to Full

***FIRST TWO POSTERS IN THE THREAD GET ONE FOR FREE**** Just PM me your Address. :ss

·
Block Watcher
3,883 Posts
Nice review.
Thanks for takign the time to out it together.
I don't want/need a free one but the thought is appreciated.

Oh... I think these are fairly tasty esp. if given a little resting time.
:2

·
Luvin' me some Lagavulin
1,794 Posts
Good value smoke. Every once in awhile JR will do the 40 count boxes (nat or mad) for $60.00. Haven't seen that in awhile, but don't forget the JRauction site to get them a little cheaper.

I prefer the maduros and don't think they need as much resting time as the EMS, but I do like the EMS version as well. Over the last month I have smoked some well rested EMS versions (Clemenceau 7.50 x 50, and Magic mountain 6.00 x 54 box pressed) and they have been good. As you say, they won't blow you away but they are a very solid value smoke. I think the robustos are the best size, no bigger than the magic mountain - I have had some burn issues on the Clemenceaus.

nice review,

BillyBarue

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I went through a few boxes of these a few years ago (all maduro). The first couple of boxes were pretty good, especially with some "down time" on them. I then received a box of 40 that had lighter wrappers (but were marked "maduro") and these weren't as good, even after being in the cooler for almost a year. I gave up on them because I want consistency in taste and flavor from box to box and figured these weren't going to make the grade. I sure like the first boxes, though.

WyoBob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.