Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2003 SoCal IV Herf was a major success and many thanks go out to a lot of folks who did a lot of hard work to make it such a great event.

My personal thanks go to all the SoCal guys & gals for their hard work, Carlos for all the food Saturday evening, Alanzo for all the Tres Leches cake that was eaten, Carlton, Mike, Jenny, Marcia & Kaeta for helping out on the raffle & keeping the money straight, all the folks & dealers who donated their personal cigars & accessories for the raffle & auction, and all the folks who attended made this event one worth remembering.

Im sure pictures will be posted soon.

Initial count of all the money that was raised for charity (Families of the US Armed Service Reserves) totaled over $4,200.

A special thanks goes out to our friend Mitchel Orchant of C-Gars Ltd who made the trek out just to join us this year and who donated over 4 boxes of premium high end cigars for the raffle & auction.

Other thanks go to Flipflop & the local Sherriff's department for the entertainment & laughs as well.

On behalf of the SoCal Herf IV members, we would like to thank each and every one of you who attended this years event. Without you it wouldnt be possible.

Okay, whos ready for SoCal V?
:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey Poker
Thanks a lot for another great SOCAL Herf had a blast man and thanks to everyone involved.
maddog

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm glad I made the trek out. Thank you Kelly and the rest of the SoCal crew for a wonderful event.
I had a blast, it was cool to finally meet everyone. My belly hurts from laughing so much, I may need me a new one:D

I can't wait to see pictures.....

·
Registered
584 Posts
:r My So Cal Bro's now how to have a good time! Poker, as usual, thanks for everything. U B DA MAN!!

It was indeed nice to put faces behind the callsigns and I can't tell you how funny it was to become a member of the 250lb club as an apprentice in training! LOL! Jesse, Zipcode, Ralphanator, Chaching, are one of the major reasons why I live to hit Poker's Patio. My cheeks (on my face) were sore as a direct result of the Comedy Foursome in the above So Cal Comedy Tag Team.

Food was great, but I suffered from my overzealous consuming of the dreaded jalapeno! So bad that I couldn't make it out to golf with Dane, Gary, and David. Sorry Dewds!

Barry thanks for the kewl So Cal WEAR!

flipflop - what else can I say, but thanks for that bitchen Hdm DC. I think I developed a lil headache from the tough draw, but nonetheless an awesome smoke...I owe you one! ya friggin crakkass crakka! :D

I look forward to next year's event. Perhaps I will be allowed to help out and might just have a place to host this Shindig next year!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks Poker and all the Guys and Gals who put this on it was a blast :D Everything was outstanding. It keeps getting better every year :D Maybe we should do this twice a year :r

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Here here! :al Thanks to all my fellow dark skinned brothers and sunlight-deprived brothers and sisters for putting on such a great event!!! :D Thanks Kelly for opening up your home to all of us!!! Besides LOLH, this is the only event that I look forward to every year:w I only wish I had a crew like you guys to hang out with in Hotlanta. I can wait til Socal V. In the mean time, I'll just have to start a rigorous training routine for my 'pie hole'.... so that I can roll with the 'Wide Load Crew' :r See you all next year!!!

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Great job Kelly. You are a most gracious host. And great work by all the SoCal crew too. I had a blast and look forward to SoCal V. :w :al :D

·
F.O.G. with nice smokes
1,605 Posts
.....well worth the long drive to show up! :D Thanks to the SoCal group (and others) who took the time to organize the event.

Barry, your get together was fun as well. If I did not tell ya, the 7th was my 15th Anni. Good thing my wife is understanding about visiting friends and not being home until LATE on the 7th :w

OPT

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Ditto all the above comments and a VERY SPECIAL thanks to poker for allowing me the use of some space for a couple of days! Also, thanks for that crappy cigar on Sunday!! ;) As a member who has been to each and every SoCal herf I gotta say, this one was just as memorable as the first!! Can't wait for the 5 year anniversary edicion limitada!! LOL!! :) :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Poker, thanks for all of your hard work and putting up with all of us in your house for 5 days!!

Wayne, glad you had a great time, I can't believe your wife let you miss out on the anniversary!! Must be a great woman.

To Kerry, Jake, Kaeta, Bill, Gordon, the Hummines and all of the rest of the 35 people who showed up at my house, Thanks for making it a great time.

Barry

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
me too- thanks to kelly and barry for opening up their houses, and to the socal group for making it easy to party... i'm not smoking another cigar until i hack up the residue from 3 days of nonstop smoking. phil was as funny as marsha's new tits... jesse squeezed my butt and i think i'm in love (no more latex for me). see yall next year... and some of yall in the fall.

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Barrythevic said:
Poker, thanks for all of your hard work and putting up with all of us in your house for 5 days!!

Wayne, glad you had a great time, I can't believe your wife let you miss out on the anniversary!! Must be a great woman.

To Kerry, Jake, Kaeta, Bill, Gordon, the Hummines and all of the rest of the 35 people who showed up at my house, Thanks for making it a great time.

Barry
No Barry. Thank YOU for having us over. I had a great time.

PS: How did a Jew learn how to BBQ so good? ;) :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Damn,damn,damn,how did I miss this? I was just thinking a week or so ago about the Mega Herf and wondered why I hadn't heard anything about it. That'll teach me to check in here more often!

I signed up here right after the LOL Herf last year but it didn't list me as a current member? sounds like you all had a great time.

Damn,damn,damn

Jimbo

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey Jim!

Sorry you missed out on the weekend, we missed you!

Fripper Fropper, secret old Jewish recipe for taking kosher pork and making great BBQ. If I tell you, I'd have to kill you!!:)

Look forward to seeing everyone in Springfield!!

Barry

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Barrythevic said:
Fripper Fropper, secret old Jewish recipe for taking kosher pork and making great BBQ. If I tell you, I'd have to kill you!!:)

Barry
I see. Must be that recipe that's only served at a sader right after the family attends Mass. :r

·
Registered
831 Posts
Thanks Poker and Barry for the outstanding time both Bill and I had. It was a total blast, the best herf yet IMHO. Looking forward to LOLH and I think I have Bill talked into going! He's gone out to get a desk top humidor for his cigars he won and wants to buy a couple of boxes of Cubans! :r I think I've created a monster along with the help of you guys! Damn, and I thought those cigars were gonna be for me!:D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
72 Posts
And thank you POKER for hosting this Gala Event, it was wonderful seeing everyone, especially all the "OUT OF TOWNERS"

·
Registered
226 Posts
Have to agree with all the above. It was a grand time had by all. Thanks Poker and everyone who helped (yea Carlton too). Great seeing everyone again and meeting new. :w

1 - 20 of 32 Posts