Cigar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have some things to admit that I am not proud of. First off, I succumbed to the pop-up advertising and got the free issue of Cigar Afficionado offered on their site (I really wanted a hard copy of the meat, iodine, smacking, etc. review so that makes it ok). Secondly, I redeemed the coupon for a free Macanudo "Robust" and thirdly, I actually smoked it. Good, I feel better getting that all off my chest. Now to the heart of the matter.

Cigar storage: 2 weeks @70RH in my humi
Appearance: Nice dark ****** wrapper, nice box press, attractive decorative banding.
Pre-light smell: Mmmm, seems good.
Feel: Nice tight roll, no soft spots. This might actually be worth lighting.
Flavor: N/A, nothing, nada, ziltch, zero.
Ash: the 1 inch I got into this piece of garbage was fine and white but who cares when you are smoking an empty void of a cigar.

Overall impressions: I am a smarter smoker having smoked this turd. I am ever defining what I like in a cigar. After smoking the likes of Camacho SLR's and CAO Brazilias, these Macanudos are simply not even close on my taste radar. I am really quite curious as to what they actually stuffed into that cigar to make it taste like nothing. How can something that is smoldering and burning not have a taste? I did check multiple times and it was indeed lit. Macanudos are the equivalent of the fizzy yellow beer that is mass produced, mass marketed, and mass consumed by people who just don't know any better or don't care to know better. They are made to offend the least amount of people and in doing so have offended me. To each his own but this so-called robusut cigar was nothing more than a waste of my time. Overall grade: D- (it looked cool and was free, if I'd paid for it it would have been a solid F). :sb
SB

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah yeah... I did the exact same thing actually, although I didn't wait to smoke it. I'm glad I didn't since I'd hate to think I wasted precious humidity and room in my humidor for this thing. No flavor at all. And these are supposed to have more flavor than the old ones? How can that be? But hey, it was free.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Re: Macanudo so-called Robust

SilvrBck said:

Flavor: N/A, nothing, nada, ziltch, zero.
WOW! :r LMAO. Sorry to hear about this, but thanks for reporting back. I have paid for the same thing and was to embarassed to post. :rolleyes:

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
The old blend at least had character. This new blend sucks!!

MoTheMan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts