Macanudo Maduro Hyde Park Review

4K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  fitzsmoke 
#1 ·
Length/Ring: 5 1/2 x 49
Shape: Robusto
Wrapper: Maduro
Strength: Medium
Quantity: 1

I bought this on impulse at my B & M in a Hyde Park three pack for about $14.00. I am not a big Maduro lover and thought I would smoke this first to get it over with. I was pleasantly surprised. A very nice smoke and at least one notch above the regular Mac. At least a medium in the flavor department and smoked the same all the way through. Flavor was leather, some chocolate, and smooth spice. Probably not one I would keep in stock in the humi, but may buy another sampler pack. Regular single price is $5.65 at Famous. A bit pricey IMO. If I found a box on sale I would be tempted to buy.

I would give it an 85 of 100 over all.:u

#5 ·
Re: Macanudo Maduro Hyde Park

I like the macanude maduro lines. I had a hyde park a few months ago, and I have one more Prince Phillip left in my humidor. I think the macanudo maduro line is better than their naturals, but that's just me, i'm a maduro fan :)
Nice review :) I agree that they are a bit overpriced for what they are... there are other cigars in that same quality range that are not as expensive.

#6 ·

I gotta admit, I see why people do pay so much for these... Yes, there are others that are as good for much less, but I have to say the consistency is definitely there. I had a five pack of these and EVERY ONE of them tasted EXACTLY the same. No bad sticks or burn issues in the bunch. If they keep that up through multiple boxes, it could justify the price if you really want to ensure a good experience.

#11 ·

NCatron said:
I gotta admit, I see why people do pay so much for these...
It's funny... I don't see a lot of Macanudo's in people's "Wish Lists" or "Favorite Cigars" lists on this board. I just read through the "Friday Night Cigar" thread and had to go 6 or 7 pages to find one mentioned.:confused:

While I haven't bought/smoked many, I've always figured that they were a really good cigar.

Maybe I'll pick up a couple Hyde Park Maddies and try for myself.:w

#12 ·

When I first started smoking cigars, the Macanudo Hyde Park was my favorite stick. Even when the Robust and Maduro lines were introduced, I liked them as well. As a matter of fact, when my youngest was born, now 6, I bought a box of the Hyde Park Robust to hand out.........

I have since moved on to other cigars, but these were the cigars that really started my slide.....

#14 ·

Thanks for the review fitzsmoke, I havent tried the maduros as of yet.

Macs were the first "real" cigars I had ever tried, although I dont smoke many of them any more, IMO they do make good smokes, just so much out there to try and experience :)

#16 ·

Nice review. I like Macanudos too, but I think due to their popularity, all too often we get get them nearly green off the vine. They really shine after a year of aging. Recently received a box of freshly minted gold labels that tastes like they're fermenting. Back in the humidor they'll go. They're unsmokable in their present state and this is probably why they get a bad rap.

LArry

#17 ·

I think any cigar that sells in large numbers is likely to drop in quality. Tobacco is somewhat variable also due to weather cond., etc. My experience with the Macs is that they do seem to be pretty consistent. I smoked a regular Mac last night on the long drive home and enjoyed it very much. If you were to smoke it after a more full-flavor stogie I don't think it would make much of an impression though.:2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.