Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Extractor of Nicotine
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a burly fan, but have been interested in trying a Virginia. I dig the ceramic jar you get with the 16 oz. HH Mature Virginia purchase right now. However, I don't want to get a pound of smoke I'm going to regret purchasing.

How would you compare Virginia to burley? I'm a Prince Albert smoker, not really into aromatics or burley/cavendish blends. Is there a better alternative I should look at to try a Virginia?

Thanks for your tips.

· Registered
3,624 Posts

· Extractor of Nicotine
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just smoked a bowl of this and loved it. A bit more stout than my normal smoke, but a very nice change. Tasty tobacco taste, good aroma, and easy on the palate. I'll enjoy another bowl later while I decide whether to go with a pound in the bag, or spring the extra $15 to get it in the nice ceramic jar.

· Extractor of Nicotine
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By the time I decided to buy a pound and made my mind up on getting the ceramic jar, Iwan Ries was out of the canister/ashtray combo they were offering. I held off on the order until yesterday when I saw they had the combo offer back in stock...I jumped on it. I've had a couple more bowls in the meantime and this is definitely a smoke I want to have on hand.

Thanks again to Vrbas for sending me a sample...it's a great smoke.

· Extractor of Nicotine
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's here, it's here!

UPS delivered a large package from Iwan Ries today that housed a very handsome ceramic canister stuffed with a pound of HH Mature Virginia, and a nice, matching ashtray. A truly pleasant way to be greeted after a day at work.

· Extractor of Nicotine
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not much love for the Mature Virginia? This thread is more like a blog. :violin:

I ordered 3 more pounds of this tonight to set back in some Mason jars. I'll probably get a few more before I'm done...good stuff. I picked up a couple flats of jars and now I need to get them filled. :)

· Registered
37 Posts
I bought a pound of this on friday at cup o joes. I figured out, having smoked a bunch of different tobaccos now, that str8 virginia is my thing. So every week I am buying a pound of different virginias.

Best brown is my all time favorite so far. This tobacco is a bit different and to me, tastes like there is something other than virginia in there. I like it a lot and don't regret the purchase but its not as good IMO as best brown or full virginia flake, my two standards. I Jarred most of the pound and after this week will let it age several months and try again.

· -
11,798 Posts
Not much love for the Mature Virginia? This thread is more like a blog. :violin:
nah, not a fan of it. it's not bad at all, and i still have a 100g tin of it aging... it may be the "bees knees" by the time i get around to smoking it again (or my taste may change in its favor). it's just not to my tastes. it obviously has a decent following though.

· Covfefe
2,513 Posts
I just tried this for the first time the other day.
I'm don't think I like it; may take some getting used to.
When I popped the tin (June '07), I couldn't believe the strange tin aroma.
The first part of the bowl tasted kinda strange, too.
I had to check tobaccoreviews.com to be sure I didn't get a bad tin.
It definately wasn't what I expected!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.