Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I tend to smoke the robusto and smaller sizes, I have had many of the the smaller sized cigars and few of the churchills and DCs. As far as Partagas is concerned, I am working on boxes of PSD4s and shorts, but I have never had a Lusitania. I have my eye on some Lusitanias from current production (early 2004) and was wondering what y'all thought of 'em. How do they compare to the PSD4 and the shorts? As I understand it, most agree that the 1998 and previous were terrific...just wondering what was thought of the more recent Lusitanias.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not an expert, but I like the PSD4 much better then the Lusi. I have purchased and smoked both recently, and the PSD4 just seems to me to have a much fuller taste then the Lusi. The Lusi was very good, but just a bit milder then the PSD4.

PSD4 may be my new fav., but tonight I may give a BBF cabinet a chance to take over that role. They are neck and neck right now for me. Of course the Monte2s are right there as well for me. :D

KJ

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Partagas is my fav. brand (next to Boli). I smoke lots of D4's and Lusitanias. The Lusi is a totally different smoke than a D4. If you approach it as thinking it will be like smoking a bigger D4 you will be dissapointed. It is a more refined cigar with a lot more complex flavors. It is milder than a D4, as most D.C.'s are. It has a spicy woodsy flavor, and remains almost creamy throughout. Not as earthy as a D4.The aroma is awsome. I find I enjoy this complex smoke more in the afternoon, or a couple hours or so after dinner. I love both cigars and it just depends what mood I'm in(or how much time I have) for which I'm going to smoke. Hope this helps.
Fred. :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
"One in five adults have some form of mental illness. Think about five friends. If their ok, it's YOU"

Actually, think about four friends. You would be the fifth person.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Fredster, your comments regarding the Lusi are on target. MRN describes the D4 as a short Lusi and I never understood what he meant because I have also seen them as entirely different cigars. I love the Lusi as a long afternoon smoke when I have time to really enjoy the flavors as they develop whereas the D4 is more of regular go to stick for me, excellent in its own right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts