Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Misplaced
6,385 Posts
How can you say that this is not the best team in college football?!

·
Registered
314 Posts
It's the stupid ranking system that the NCAA uses - they give the Pac 10 and Big 10 so much love - but both conferences stink.

Cal ranked #10?
UCLA #13? Please.

Look at what Michigan and Ohio St look like - :BS

USC only plays 1 real game this year and that game (against Nebraska) is questionable. (Mid level talent at NE)

I pray for the day the NCAA wakes up and has a playoff. That way the best teams will rise to the top on merit - not conjecture.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I'll put up any amount of smokes against anyone willing to take the bet that LSU does not lose in Death Valley this year. These guys are phenomenal, and their home field advantage is amazing. I have a bunch of good friends that went to LSU, now I can see why anything less than a NCAA Championship this year will be a disappointment. WOW!

G

·
CLIFF :D Hows it been buddy, we gonna have to make a wager on the Saban showdown even tho u guys are the underdog :) 2-1 odds hows that :)
Well, Mike, in the name of brotherly love, I will go with Bama to win, not just to beat the spread. And, I will go with even odds, so if you're wrong, you will only be obligated for the same fiver that I will be obligated to you for.

Heck, one of us is up next for a bomb to the other, so whoever wins, we will be on track!

BTW, how's "little stuff" doing these days? I hope you are not sitting there exposing such young and innocence to the likes of LSU football! That could ruin a kid for life! ;):r

·
Registered
314 Posts
Plus it was a loss to an AFC team. No harm there - the Saints are still one of the top teams in the weaker NFC.

·
Elder Jungle Leader
4,989 Posts
Not a VA TECH fan, but a little shocked by their lack of effort. Think the tragedy has been too much to bear up under? :ss

·
Misplaced
6,385 Posts
Not a VA TECH fan, but a little shocked by their lack of effort. Think the tragedy has been too much to bear up under? :ss
How long will that be an excuse?!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
48-7 LSU final.

Honestly, I don't think VT did anything wrong per-se, and I don't think it has anything to do with the shootings. If anything, constantly reminding players of the tragedy will only serve to demoralize them. LSU has an amazing defense this year, and have the home-court first-home-game advantage. That's stacking 3:1 odds against VT already.

Had this been at VT, The score may have been a bit more like 24-14, although I think LSU still would have won.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.