Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is dedicated to finding the best prices for each brand of tobacco as a general reference. Prices based on 16oz/1lb. Best prices DO take in to account shipping costs. Please contribute. If you find a lower price, post here.

Best Prices, Bulk By Brand | By Store

Cornell & Diehl - Marscigars ||||||||||| Knoxcigar.com - Gawith & Hoggarth, Samuel Gawith (Squadron Leader only)

Dunhill - Pipesandcigars
|||||||||||||| Marscigars.com - Esoterica, Cornell & Diehl

Esoterica - Marscigars
||||||||||||||| Outwesttobacco.com - Mcclelland

Gawith & Hoggarth - Knoxcigar
|||||||| Pipesandcigars.com - Dunhill, GL Pease, Stokkebye, Rattray

GL Pease - Pipesandcigars
|||||||||||| Smokingpipes.com - MacBaren,Samuel Gawith

MacBaren - Smokingpipes

Mcclelland - Outwesttobacco

Peter Stokkebye - Pipesandcigars

Rattray - Pipesandcigars

Samuel Gawith - Smokingpipes (For Squadron Leader only - Knoxcigar)

Shipping Costs:

Knoxcigar - flat fee of $8.00, over $100 - Free
Marscigars - flat fee of $6.00
Outwesttobacco - Up to $30 - $5.00, Up to $40 - $7.00, Up to $60 - $9.00, Up to $80 - $10.00, $80+ - $12.00
Pipesandcigars - $6.00 up to $50, $7.00 from $51-$100, $8.00 over $100
Smokingpipes - $6.00 up to $75, Over $75 - Free

Locations: (For fast shipping to your state based on distance)

Knoxcigar - Knoxville, TN 37902
Marscigars - New Cumberland, PA 17070
Outwesttobacco - Pocatello, ID 83204
Pipesandcigars - Albany, NY 12205
Smokingpipes - Little River, SC 29566

-T2

· Ask me why I dinged Black
10,377 Posts
bump.

Freight from JR's at $2.50 per tin of tobacco is mindboggling. If they weren't close enough to drive by the stores I guess I'd never buy from them.

I just costed out an order for 20- and 25- tins between JR and SmokingPipes - JR was $30-$40 higher, mostly due to their freight policy.

1,232 Posts
bump.

Freight from JR's at $2.50 per tin of tobacco is mindboggling. If they weren't close enough to drive by the stores I guess I'd never buy from them.

I just costed out an order for 20- and 25- tins between JR and SmokingPipes - JR was $30-$40 higher, mostly due to their freight policy.
Heck ya. Nice order.

· he that puffeth
2,744 Posts
I don't have exact numbers, but I just put an order with smokingpipes yesterday (tins though), but regardless of where I looked, they had the lowest price on everything I was looking for.
I agree, smokingpipes does seem to have the lowest tin prices, and with their free shipping (over $75) it can't be beat. I get their shipments in 2 days.

I visited one J&R, I found their prices B&M to be equal to their online price +$2.50 effectively the same?

· Registered
220 Posts
I don't have exact numbers, but I just put an order with smokingpipes yesterday (tins though), but regardless of where I looked, they had the lowest price on everything I was looking for.
I find SP to be tad bit more expensive than P&C when I put together largish (~$100), varied orders (usually a mix of tins and bulk from many tins). Then again, that's probably mostly due to the price spread on stokkebye (P&C sells it for like half as much as SP), which I usually buy a lot of. I'd still order from SP when the price difference is less than $5 (usually about what I end up with), since they ship faster and more reliably.

For reference, the lastorder I priced out was 8oz. PS, 2 C&D tins, 2 gawith tins, 4 oz of FVF (bulk on SP, tins on P&C, since its all they offer), 3-4 GLP tins, a rattray can and 1-2 McC tins. It came out to something like 106 to 102, both with free shipping.

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Just heard that Mac Baren HH Mature Va & HH Vintage Syrian well now be available in pound bags. Factor those into this price list.

Whooo hooo!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.