Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in an order for some smokes late last week from a reputable dealer. This was my first time picking up anything outside of Canada. Much to my delight they arrived today (sans bands) from a long ways away...pretty remarkable I might add. Two of the four Siglo VI's have some damage...one is pretty banged up with a fairly good sized tear in the wrap. One, each a PSD 4, a Cohiba robusto, and a RASS have holes in them as well. In all I only purchased 16, maybe 6 have pretty good damage, and 2 may be unsmokable altogether. Unlike a lot of the "Gorillas" on here I don't have boxes full of Habanos (although my little humi doesn't have the room for what I have now-"Quality problem") and I am really looking forward to enjoying them.

So I guess what I am wondering is should I let the retailer know or should I just be grateful for the quick shipment and good prices and suck it up? On the other hand prices and quickness aren't as important if the product is banged up. Any opinions would be much apprciated here. I have llittle experience with these things.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I would let the dealer know and request damaged cigars be replaced. If some are borderline I may not complain about each and every one.
But be careful, holes could mean beetles which could destroy your current collection.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Hey Gargamel,

I think I know who your vendor might be (from our PM's back & forth). If they're as reputable as they come across (& as others say they are), you should let them know right away. This would be especially improtant for the cigars with holes; in fact I would recommend that you take pictures and send them to the dealer as proof. Also, if some cigars were particularly damaged and you think they might be unsmokeable, let the dealer know.

Many reputable dealers I know of held onto valued customers because they were very diligent at looking into customer complaints and making amends. I learned that from Bruce5. :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
6 out of 16 is not a good ratio,imo...I'd talk to the vendor.I'm guessing they'd be more than willing to replace them,rather than lose a potential faithful customer..if not,you need to look into other vendors.Pictures would defintely help in explaining the situation to them.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice...you guys are great. BTW my real name is Chris.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I would agree with others here. For sure let the vendor know about this. There is no excuse for it, especially with a hand picked sampler like you ordered. Quality & Service are the most important values I look for in a vendor. Price, speed and shipping are secondary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts