Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With winter approaching, sometimes I have a hard time getting out and smoking a big cigar. So...Any suggestions on some small smokes that are short, decent, and relatively cheap? I was thinking maybe something from JR, but I'd love to hear what you have to say!

thanks,
Brett

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I like AF Hemmingway Shortstories, and Cuesta-Rey Sungrown No. 7...

·
Registered
27 Posts
ChiTwnSmoke said:
With winter approaching, sometimes I have a hard time getting out and smoking a big cigar. So...Any suggestions on some small smokes that are short, decent, and relatively cheap? I was thinking maybe something from JR, but I'd love to hear what you have to say!

thanks,
Brett
Partages Miniatures are pretty tasty. About the size of a cigarette. I feel your pain about winter approaching as I'm here in Chicago as well.

·
Registered
258 Posts
In the Winter i suggest Joya de Nicaragua...Antano or Celebracion robusto's. Small enough yet packed with flavor/punch so you won't be cold ;) .

·
In Mojita Mania
614 Posts
Padron Cortico Maduros, IMO the only small smoke I've had that delivers full size flavor (domestically available that is ;)).

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I REALLY liked the first Brazilia I had last week, so I may spring for some Piranha's. I found them for about 63 dollars for a box of 25. Good deal in my eyes, and a great smoke. Tried the Italia, and maybe it is me, but I like the fuller flavor of the Brazilia line a bit more. These and the Sancho Double Maduro have been my go tos lately. Thanks for all of the input!

Brett

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
CAO Brazilia Cariocas. Great little smoke!

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
Too Easy! :w (Most of the cigars are smoke are the smaller sizes: PC, Demitasse, TPC, Rothschild, Robusto)

Padron Aniversario M ('64) Principe
Padron Cortico Maduro
Ashton Virgin Sun Grown Tres Mystique
Punch Grand Cru Punchito
Fonseca 2-2 M
Vegas de Fonseca Vegas Petite
La Veja Habana The Early Years Silencio
CAO Crillo Pampa
CAO Brazilia Piranha
Camacho Havana H Series H3
Partagas Black Label Pronto
El Credito Small Corona M
La Gloria Cubana Minuto
La Aroma De Cuba Corona Minor
Arturo Fuente Cubanitos
Arturo Fuente Exquisitos M & SG
Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Short Story, Best Seller, Work of Art
Cuesta Rey Centro Fino Sun Grown Robusto #7
RyJ Reserve Maduro #5
La Perla Habana Black & Tan Mini
TTT Trinidad Half-Corona

I don't frequently go smaller than 40 ring, but like the other poster mentioned the Padron Corticos retain the flavor of larger cigars.

I will also blapheme here and say cut a larger cigar before lighting it and smoke it over 2 or 3 sessions. True double taper perfectos are fun to do this with but it can be a bugger lighting the bulge unless you have a good torch. Otherwise I find standard corona, robusto and toro cigars are decent to chop and smoke.

-Matt-

·
Still Smitty's biotch!
3,335 Posts
I just read my above post again and noticed I typed "are" instead of "I". That parenthetical statement SHOULD have read (Most of the cigars I smoke are the smaller sizes: PC, Demitasse, TPC, Rothschild, Robusto). I really hate the fact you can't edit your old posts. I make far too many grammatical/typing errors to not be able to edit! :cool:

Anyway someone here has to tell me I am FOS here soon or my ego is going to get out of control (thanks for comments kamikaiguy and lucky13)

Someone tell me one I missed so I can go out and try it :p

-Matt-

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
1st I want to say that txmatt works his butt off for people around here trying to be helpful & I think he deserves more ring gauge. I keep trying to give it to him, but keep getting the spread the love message. How about it folks?

2nd, great advice from many here.......the only thing I might add is that Altadis has a lot of 4x44's released in the past few months, so if you like Altadis product (Montes, H. Upmann, Onyx, etc.), you might want to check those out.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.