Cigar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my birthday is coming up and my wife asked what I wanted. I want to add a punch and/or a v-cutter to my collection. I’m wondering if anyone knows of some higher end companies to look at. I’ve checked out St.DuPont, Zion, and Prometheus already. Just curious if any one has any suggestions. Wife says she’ll pay up to $200 lol

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
The best in my opinion, makes a deeper cut than Xikar.

I’ve had a few punches, can’t recommend one that I have been % satisfied with. I had the Xikar twist that I really liked but after a year or so the blade kept falling off when trying to punch a cigar. They do have a lifetime warranty so They replaced it with a new one. Same problem occurred within 6 weeks. I called and asked they replace it with a pull push. It’s ok but the tobacco gets stuck inside so have to dig it out with a small screwdriver lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Minister of Propaganda
1,259 Posts
I like my Colibri V cutter quite a lot. The punch I use most often is the one incorporated into the Modus II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
4,585 Posts
Colibri is the best V
I have two of the Xikar spark plug twist punch
They are a couple of years old and still razor sharp and perfect
View attachment 310718
I do believe you've just spent some of my cash for one or two of those bad boys. That punch is the stuff.

Couldn't agree more about the Colibri V. It's the best V cut I've personally experienced, and zero maintenance outside of cleaning it in 3-4 years. I currently have an ebay keychain punch and the punch on the Modus II. Both work great but the edge goes to the Modus II having several functions in one accessory.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I’ll have to check out the Modus II not sure what that is. Was thinking about one of these guys

Here is the modus II! The best money I ever spent saved a bunch of cigars. You also get a cigar holder that also works as a stand to hold the Modus vertically and cigar glue for wrapper cracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Both
46 Posts
My Colibri is my primary cutter at home and has been in use for almost 5 years. Still leaves a crisp cut every time.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I bought the Xikar V cutter first. After seeing photos guys posted on the forum of cuts made with the Colibri, I bought one of those. IMO the Colibri is the best.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I have the same box for over two years now...so far no issues, keeps the RH steady at 65% with four boveda packs (threw away the humidifiers that come with it and replaced them with boveda holders). Holds no more than 120 cigars though, not the 250 advertised.

Bottle Wood Rectangle Hardwood Wood stain

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very cool. She said she got me the 320 gram Boveda holders. They should be here today she thinks. I’m super excited to season it up. I figured it would be about 150 total sticks. I don’t know if I’ve ever gotten a humidor to hold the exact number of cigars unless they are petites lol

·
Super Moderator
17,224 Posts
Very cool. She said she got me the 320 gram Boveda holders. They should be here today she thinks. I’m super excited to season it up. I figured it would be about 150 total sticks. I don’t know if I’ve ever gotten a humidor to hold the exact number of cigars unless they are petites lol
Nice box.. DO NOT WIPE IT DOWN.. PLEEEEASE..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts