Cigar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a QUIET one that will last more than a couple months. I'm not gonna waste money on a Comp USA fan again that will only last 6 months. Does anybody have any recommendations?

·
Registered
438 Posts
what type of processor... fan type depends on this...

on a side note... any fan with ball berings instead of those crappy ring bering things should last you a long time i would think.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a PIII... but I don't see how the type of processor would make a difference. I'm just looking for the case fan, not the one that goes on the processor. As long as it moves a sufficient amount of air out of the back of the case, I don't think it should matter. I have one with 2 ball bearnings in there now, and it's already making noise after 6 months. It's some middle of the line generic brand I think.

·
Registered
438 Posts
my bad brandon.... i must not have read your post all the way though.

you're right... obviously processor wouldn't make a difference when it comes to case fans.

sorry bro...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Have you tried some silicon lube. We have it in spray cans
and use it here at work to quiet them down. We hardly ever
have one go out.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice all! I decided to go with a fan from quietpc.com. They specialize in quiet fans, noise deadening cases, etc.... for recording studios and such. They have a fan that will run less that 20 db and full RPMs (not one of those temperature controlled fans).

·
Registered
200 Posts
Didn't realize you were so sensitive to a little noise, Brandon. I'll try to keep it down over here in Alpharetta! ;)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Habana Mike said:
Didn't realize you were so sensitive to a little noise, Brandon. I'll try to keep it down over here in Alpharetta! ;)
Thanks Mike. I might be able to get a little sleep at night if you didn't eat so many beans everyday. :p

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm a big fan of computers, but I'm not all that quiet or dependable. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts