Cigar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many times a day do you look at your cigars or monitor the humidor?

I check the hygrometer which the face is on the outside about 1-2 times per day. My humidor has a glass top so each time I can gaze at the treasures inside.

Jeff

·
Registered
904 Posts
I stopped checkin a long time ago. The only time I open now is to get a cigar and only check or replace water when I notice the humidity drop more than 4 degrees.

That said when I do open it I take time looking through the cigars for one to smoke, and feel a few before selecting.

There is nothing better than the smell that comes out of your humidor when you open it after many days of just sitting there. I still love that the most.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I check my humi 2-3 times a week on average. I rummage through my daily smoke humi almost daily. Does that make sence?? :)

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
once or twice a week, usally only when I look for something to smoke...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a glass top also :D so when I'm off which is either 3 or 4 days at a time I sit in my office and glance over at them 10 to 20 times lol when I'm working I check the RH at least twice a day....I'm like Dave I hear voice's coming from my humi :p

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Once, maybe twice a day just to see what the RH is up to. It's kinda cool to see what happens to it when I add some 'rounds to the mag', or what effect the ambient temp has on my humidor. Then I'll start thinking about things like barometric pressure's effect on RH and if there's any correlation, or what'll happen if I move the humi to the basement instead of the upstairs room if the amb. temp is different down there and what if... well... you get the idea.

Like my own little science project!

Scott"sciencedrivenADD"M

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
It's kinda hard to keep up with em all, but I've got one of those base hygro/therms on my desk with 3 remotes & I'll cycle through those a coupla times to monitor 3 humidors. I have 1 at 69%, 1 at 70%, & 1 at 72%.
The one that is running 72% was on the floor & was battling rh cause it's colder down there. I moved it up off the floor & it spiked at 75% so I took some media out.
The other 10 I probably eyeball about once a week. I've got a couple that are running at 65%. One had dropped to 60%, so just added water to it. Another is running a bit high......will have to address that. They seem to be pretty much ok.....overall.
I'm either gonna have to convert a closet someday.....try running that one by the wife ;) , or just buy a trailer & convert the whole damn thing into a humidor!

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Uh yeah :rolleyes: . I know......I'm outa control.

2/50 counts
3/100 counts
1/150 count
4/72 quart plastidors
1/@36 quart plastidor
1/filebox size plastidor
1/fridgeador (not counting the one that is still in the back of my car)

I'm almost to the point where I can't buy anymore without starting a new humidor. I'm not sure how many cigars I have.......1500-2000. Somewhere in there. :confused:

·
Shags homely sheep
5,059 Posts
kansashat said:
Uh yeah. I know......I'm outa control.

2/50 counts
3/100 counts
1/150 count
4/72 quart plastidors
1/@36 quart plastidor
1/filebox size plastidor
1/fridgeador (not counting the one that is still in the back of my car)((It is in the back of my car. I got to wait til the wife leaves, so she won't say the expected, "Another humidor?!?! What do you need another humidor for?" :r ))
I'm almost to the point where I can't buy anymore without starting a new humidor. I'm not sure how many cigars I have.......1500-2000. Somewhere in there. :confused:
4 @ 72 qt
:r :r

Damn man you got more 'gars that any one for a 400 mile radius. You outta put up billboards on the highway and charge admission. I had a bow down smiley that I was going to upload to the board but I lost it. (Insert here)

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm going have to start up a charity collection to get money to boost my cigar count. The number of sticks in my humidor could get lost amongst kansashat's. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
kansashat said:
Uh yeah :rolleyes: . I know......I'm outa control.

2/50 counts
3/100 counts...........I'm almost to the point where I can't buy anymore without starting a new humidor. I'm not sure how many cigars I have.......1500-2000. Somewhere in there. :confused:
Kansashat,
You need something a little bigger. I wonder if I could easily build another as a "DOUBLE WIDE" :)

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.