Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's Monday afternoon, I'm at work and still exhausted from this past weekend.

First, I would like to thank everyone who attended Land Of Lincoln Herf IV! It is always great to see numerous old friends and to see some new faces this year. I'm not sure which was better - the great stories I overheard or the excellent cigars that were smoked!

Kerry, thanks for opening up your house for the pre-herf party again this year. The cooks did a superb job with the food! Also, thanks to Dave at Andiamos for the use of the Lincoln room. Once again, no smoke problems this year.

Thanks to Matt and Kerry for helping organize the event. Unless you have done this before, the amount of detail in getting everything done is hard to explain to folks. I think we are getting better and hopefully will improve in the future. Thanks to rest of our local crew for working the day of the event, the pre-herf, and the garage cleaning party! This is a group effort that gets the job done every year, and without your help, this event would not be a success.

A big thank you for those individuals and businesses who donated items to make this event a huge success.

Special thanks to Rob for hosting the dowrah auction this year. Also, thanks to two of our sponsors who were in attendance this year - Mike Hotek from Bargain Humidors and Mr Jerry from Killer Beans.

On a personal note for those who attended Saturday - everyone has their own reasons for making the journey to LOLH IV, participating in the raffle and/or the auctions; donating items and/or money to our local charity. I just want you to know the hardest part for me is leaving Andiamos after the herf is over, shaking hands and giving hugs to all my friends. We are all 'brothers of the leaf' and you are welcome to come out and herf with us anytime throughout the year!

I hope everyone had a great time this year and look forward to seeing some great pics in the next few days. :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
A big thanks for everything from everyone!! I am still worn out from the weekend. Just got FlipFlop on a plane an hour or so ago so the herfing is officially over until next year! I'll try and get my pictures online later tonight. Thanks again to everyone!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I can't say enough good things about my experience at this herf! I had an unbelievable time, smoked so many good cigars and met a lot of great people!!! This will definitely be an annual trip. Thanks Springfield crew, you did an outstanding job.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks Matt, Kerry, Jody and all the others in the Springfield Crew!!

An excellent job, this year was the best ever, you guys are finally beginning to get the job done! :)

Sorry there were only 4 from the So Cal Crew, I hope we at least held up our end for entertainment! :r

I hope to see everyone at So Cal VI next July!!

Take care.

Barry

·
Registered
831 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys for a wonderful herf, once again! We both had a fantastic time as usual trying to 'represent' the SoCal crew. Met some wonderful people and it was really great seeing some old faces I haven't seen in a LONG LONG time! Lookin forward to next years and if'n you guys get too cold, we got's plenty of room when the snow hits for a SoCal visit! :r :D

·
Registered
239 Posts
i would like to thank the springfield crew as well. thanks to jody for picking me up at the airport, feeding me and putting up with me for most of the afternoon. thanks to kerry for talking me into coming and feeding me. and a special thanks to the ....TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS! sorry phil but i had to. i enjoyed meeting folks i had already met as well as new ones. especially rkt who is one of the first posters here ever. too much stuff to write about but this was the best herf for me. talked to more people and learned alot. great time. oh btw, i met more jewish people sat. than in my first 36 1/2 years of life combined. never did get any recipes from them ,tsk tsk. hope everyone made it home safely.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Hey, I want to thank everyone for the great HERF!!!

Kerry, thanks for the pre-herf!!! And thanks to everyone in the Springfield crew for a great time.

Woohoo!!! On to LOLH V!!!!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry guys for not being around. Have been sick the last few days.

I forgot to thank Phil (frippafropper) for smoking a crappy cigar for charity.
This has become a tradition at LOLH to help out our charity.

During the raffle, he was given an 'egg' (actually a special 'Delta' egg) in the second chance grab bag. Later in the evening he volunteered to smoke the egg if we could get folks to donate $250 for charity. After twisting a few arms, we ended up getting $252 and for the next 2 hours were albe to watch Phil suffer smoking chopped up processed brown cardboard.
Thanks Phil!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.