Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling fellow BOTL's,

I have a simple question to pose. Please give me your opinion.

I have thoughts of renting a locker at my local B&M and I had a question about etiquette. After renting, is it bad to go ahead and fill the locker with boxes that I currently have (bought off of cigarsdirect.com or just online) or should I fill it up with boxes and cigars that I buy there. Please give guidance.

Thanks

· Registered
2,110 Posts
Most people I know who have lockers at their local usually have a little of both. Especially if they don't carry something you enjoy especially those cigars that have a hint of Coco & horse shit.:r
Had to bring it back up. This was a great line that had gotten lost the last couple months.:bn

· Registered
697 Posts
I would check with the owner first. A lot of places won't let you bring in outside stuff to start, if ever. Most say they don't want to chance a beetle infestation, but most will let you after a period of time.

· Registered
2,690 Posts
Most people I know who have lockers at their local usually have a little of both. Especially if they don't carry something you enjoy especially those cigars that have a hint of Coco & horse shit.:r
Had to bring it back up. This was a great line that had gotten lost the last couple months.:bn
I have some of those. :ss

· Registered
1,437 Posts
I have a locker at my B&M - and they know I buy what I can from them 1st, and from there - wherever I can find it. I guess the toos up is that some people (at our B&M) dont buy very many - if any cigars from there, but they do pay there dues, so they can put what they want in the locker.

· Registered
513 Posts
I have my locker at one B&M and I usually put whatever I want in there: cigars, ****, liquors, etc. I have a great relationship with the managers and they trust me with my locker and not to have sticky fingers. Regardless, sometime the owners prefers that the managers be in the humi when you are accessing your lockers, mostly for loss prevention. I don't think twice about it, but it is their store and I like going there a lot. :cb

· Registered
802 Posts
Calling fellow BOTL's,

I have thoughts of renting a locker at my local B&M and I had a question about etiquette. After renting, is it bad to go ahead and fill the locker with boxes that I currently have (bought off of cigarsdirect.com or just online) or should I fill it up with boxes and cigars that I buy there. Please give guidance.

Thanks
I recommend you buy from there and store it there. Simple reason being they'll be more willing to replace your smokes if they're ruined due to something that goes wrong with their humidification system etc.

· Registered
3,959 Posts
From a person that runs a B&M with lockers, I would rather a person be up front about putting things in their locker. Not that we would not let them put anything they want in it. What we would want(Unmentioned of course)is that the person would buy some cigars from us also.

Ron

· Gentleman Jim Stogie
3,240 Posts
In this area most places that have storage have rules about how it can be used. For example there is a store where the locker is $300 and you can store whatever you like or $150 and you can store what you buy there. I think at a minimum as a gentleman you should probably get one box from them to start your locker, even if you then stack it with Cubans.

However keep in mind, I have been in stores that have lockers (actually a resturant) and seen people pull out soaking wet boxes of sticks due to a water issue. Those lockers are only as good as the keepers of the system.

· Registered
697 Posts
In this area most places that have storage have rules about how it can be used. For example there is a store where the locker is $300 and you can store whatever you like or $150 and you can store what you buy there. I think at a minimum as a gentleman you should probably get one box from them to start your locker, even if you then stack it with Cubans.

However keep in mind, I have been in stores that have lockers (actually a resturant) and seen people pull out soaking wet boxes of sticks due to a water issue. Those lockers are only as good as the keepers of the system.
Or the other extreme that I witnessed last month, "Where would we add water, this thing is self-contained and maintinence free" . :confused:

· Registered
1,482 Posts
I don't have a locker and my B&M smoking area is members only anyhow. But it is my opinion that if you pay for a locker and are not given a list of rules against this practice, why not load it with outside smokes? I mean your paying for the locker. Isn't that the main advantage of having one?

· Registered
72 Posts
My local B&M has lockers for rent, but they are always taken. They will take off 10% from every box you buy and will put your name on the box and keep it for you free of charge. I hope I didn't hijack the thread. Sorry.

· Registered
2,074 Posts
Corona has a row of lockers for rent for 300 a year and the row has some well known names.

I am thinking about getting one but they have a policy that irks me a little.

They open up the lockers monthly and if there are any Cubans, you are evicted and who knows if they turn you in.

I am guessing storing them in, say, Fuente boxes might solve the problem.

· Registered
1,861 Posts
Calling fellow BOTL's,

Thanks
It's your locker so you can store any cigars you have in them. It doesn't where you get it from.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.