Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright,
Here we go. Time 2:00 Temp 65 degrees, overcast and breezy.
I bought these back in November and they've been resting in my 65% coolerdor.

I don my sweatshirt, grab a bottle of Deer Park's finest vintage and head outside.

Wrapper/construction. Fantastic. Slight veining on wrapper, but otherwise a cigar very well constructed

Snip with Palio/pre-light draw. Nothing eventful. Tastes like tobacco. Great draw though.

After toasting with my Vector (which BTW has been the best torch I've ever used. What makes it even better is that it was free :D )

First 1/3. In a word; harsh. Lots of smoke with no "hints" of anything. Not spicy per se, but just irritating on the back of the throat. Just tastes like strong "smoke" :confused: Since this is only the beginning, I persevere.

Second third. Cigar is burning very well and holding a long ash. Harshness seems to die down and gives way to a very subtle creaminess. No complexity however, it's just sort of "there". At the end of the second third I detect what could be a very mild chocolate type of flavor, but it's so very subtle, it's almost not there.

Final third. No development in flavors. Although at this point I decide to read the card that came with my Palio. The writing is much "sharper" than I seem to remember. At this point someone comes up behind me and bitch slaps me in the back of the head :sl . It's that fickle bitch Lady Nicotine. Fortunately, she had her say and moved on.

Cons: $10+ per stick, not much flavor, no complexity, mild nic-kick with no accompanying flavor.

Pros: Impeccable construction, I only bought 5.

Would I buy more? Given this one, no. Hopefully the one I had today was a fluke, and the others will be earth shattering. Otherwise, given all the hype, this was a disappointment. Certainly not in the league of the last cigar I had (Tatuaje Cojonu 2003)

5.5 out of 10.

Rich

· Registered
2,379 Posts
Re: Litto Gomez Diez Anos Lusitania

I've only heard great things about these. I would give them some time and try them again.

· Registered
24,006 Posts

Wow.

No strong kick in the face flavors. I am surprised. Let them sit and try another. These ar normally good cigars but definately on the full side.

Thanks, like the likes and dislikes in your review.

· Registered
3,691 Posts

Yep great smoke!! And yeah they can kick your butt if you're not carful and don't carbo load! :ss Glad to see it was better for you the second time around. I read your first review and figured maybe you got a fake! :D

· Registered
22 Posts

FYI,

If you like the flavor profile of the LG Diez in the 50ct boxes, I suggest you stock up. Once they are gone they are gone.

Litto is going in a different direction on this cigar.

24ct boxes, Each release (3 times a year, I believe ) will be different than the one before it.

-M

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Well,
While I'll say it was MUCH better with some age on it, I prefer the Coronado Double Coronas....which is good for me since they're more readily available and cheaper. :tu

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.