Cigar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
-
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please...

if any of you fine gorillas could post a link to:

the interview that JFKs press secretary gave about how he went out and got all those petit upmanns the night before he signed the embargo, and then tells the story of how he got a humidor from the Russian pres via Castro, then was told by JFK to turn them in.

the US Customs area on Cuban Cigars.

sorry, i'm out of town on business and have to deal with sharing 1 phone line with 5 guys, and it's a slow connection. trying to find that stuff would take me days...
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
672 Posts
IHT said:
please...

if any of you fine gorillas could post a link to:

the interview that JFKs press secretary gave about how he went out and got all those petit upmanns the night before he signed the embargo, and then tells the story of how he got a humidor from the Russian pres via Castro, then was told by JFK to turn them in.

the US Customs area on Cuban Cigars.

sorry, i'm out of town on business and have to deal with sharing 1 phone line with 5 guys, and it's a slow connection. trying to find that stuff would take me days...
thanks in advance.
They showed that on TV before, I even recorded (banded) it on my VCR (Video). Arthur Salzinger Jr. was the name of the press secretary. I think. And when he was ordered to give them to the customs, they said that hey was going to destroy the cigars and Salzinger answered (the classical quote!) : "Yeah I know one by one!"

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
-
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/sanctions/ccigar2.pdf

found this...
after mucho digging on here, i knew that Poker had said something recently about this in a post. at the end of one of his replies, he said what agency controls the embargo against cuba, and that's what website i found this on, hope it helps any others.

there is NEW info on there, no more "official visit" bullcrap...

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts