Cigar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a suggestion for a lighter? (brand, type, etc.)

I have only this 1 remaining item to add to my expansive cigar paraphernalia collection. I have always used either a cheap bic or nice wooden matches, but I am tired of burning my fingers and replacing the lighters as they run out of fluid so quickly.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
I purchased a Vector Gear Lighter last Spring and have been very pleased with it. It will take about a year to use a refill can. It is advertised to light 60 cigars on one tank. I never counted, but that sounds about right. Built to the Hilt, a very solid lighter with a precision flame. Comfortable, ergonomic, not "pretty and shiny".

A co- worker and fellow smoking buddy liked my Gear so much, they went and bought the "Vector Pinnachle" lighter. Next step up. I think a tank of fuel will last about a dozen boxes with that lighter. Nice precision flame, not as windproof or sturdy as the "Gear", but I work around machinery on the water so I need a rough & tumble sort of lighter. $60 to $80 for the these Vector models. 5 year warranty. 3 satisfied customers here in the NW.

·
Light's on..No one's home
371 Posts
I agree with rns. I am very pleased with my GEAR lighter.

Check out thread "lighters" for more suggestions.

·
Registered
283 Posts
large wooden kitchen matches from any grocery store: $1.87 for over a year's supply. (but yeah, the lighters are so shiny)

·
Registered
419 Posts
lighters

Have pondered lighters for awhile, Almost any will do if they dont impart any negative flavors to the cigar.I use sulpherless 4" matches, (Davidoff cedar), kinda pricey but fits within my sense of aesthetics. They work great inside, but I too would like a really good lighter without spending an arm and a leg for it. Frank B

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Lighters, hmmm. I've looked up all the recommendations here and I am in quite a quandry. Some of the lighters are $100 or more. For a flame? Even $50 to me seems pricey. I paid $30 for my bling Palio cutter and the main selling point to me on that was that it works...very well. I don't want some fancy lighter to look cool to my friends (well maybe just a little bit ;) ), I really just want a flame that will light my cigar effectively. I found Tiger Torch lighters on ebay for about $6. Does anyone have any experience with these? If it burns hot, doesn't run out of fuel every 5 minutes, and doesn't break after 1 week then I think it might be a good call. What are some common problems with cheaper torches?

SB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts