Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone through more lighters than I care to mention and it seems to me that sooner or later they all fizzle out on me. Can anyone suggest a reliable torch lighter? I'm thinking about just getting a ton of bic disposables and giving up on the whole blasted torch concept.

·
-
11,412 Posts
yep, every torch lighter i've had has ended up sucking azz after a month or so... they still light, sometimes, but not as easy or as well.

i've been using bics outside, and matches inside (when i can smoke inside, which is normally when i'm traveling someplace).

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I haven't had any trouble with my 40 dollar Calibri. So I guess I would recommend them.

:pu

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wayne

Wouldn't you know it...I'd wind up giving away the only lighter that ever worked!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Somone mentioned the "Space" lighter. That's the Nibo. Pretty sure Bargain Humidors has them for $10 or so. Mine has been working very well. The flame started to die out on me about a week ago. I thought it was low on fuel, but it behaved the same even after refilling. All I had to do was use the tool that came with it to open the valve on the bottom a little bit. Less than a quarter turn. And now it's working great again. Holds a flame in a fairly good breeze, too.

·
Light's on..No one's home
371 Posts
Vector Gear
-------------------
Hey Rick!

Part of your signature is the way I feel after a kick-a$$ Habanos!

skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --
WOW -- What a Ride!
:D

·
Registered
831 Posts
Nibo as mentioned above by drc. I have had several and they work great! They do go through gas kinda quickly but I love mine. Especially the one that lights up when you light it up! Great lighters for the price! Gettem from Bargian humidor for cheap!

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
edisonbird said:
Vector Gear
Yep, it's gonna last a few years at least or try the Pinnacle.......you'll have to refill it every 100 or so cigars, Vector is very exacting and reliable, I have the Gear, but it's a matter of time before I get the Pinnacle. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just wondering; do all of you who have lighter problems bleed the tank before refilling? If not, you have a perfectly good lighter that has a vapor barrier problem.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Dr. Evil said:
Just wondering; do all of you who have lighter problems bleed the tank before refilling?
Yep. That's how I figured out the flow valve was set too low. I went to bleed the lighter and it spewed fuel all over creation.

But Dr. Evil makes a good point. When you are ready to refill your lighter, be sure to open the filler valve with a pin or paper clip or something until it stops hissing, before attempting to load it with fuel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.