Cigar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with life insurance policies here? I carry a substantial policy which I began almost 2 yrs ago now. I got stuck with smoker rates because of the fact I smoke cigars... even though I do not smoke cigaretes & do not inhale. I have been reading around about cigar smoker rates but have yet to find a company with them & my insurance guy is of little help... (he reminds me of my 90 yr old grandfather trying to sell insurance). If any of you have any reccomendations for a company or carrier I would be glad to hear it... thanks

·
Registered
756 Posts
i don't know how this answer is gonna fly, but here goes... i have nylife, and i told the guy i sometimes smoke cigars, and he said tell them i am a non smoker. they did the blood test and never questioned the non smoking. just didnt have one for a couple days before the blood test. just my experience. good luck
jimmy

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
21 days for urinalysis and blood. I asked this question of the drug tester who has been doing the random tests at my workplace the past 12 years. Great topic! I think the drug tester dude was talking about ciggys, which have chemical additives and you actually smoke paper...so I'm guessing a Cigar is much more organic in the metabolism than a Virginia Slim. That 21 day rule has worked.....for a fellow I know pretty good. ;)

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
detection time is up to a week...they test for cotinine, which is what the body metabolizes nicotine into.

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tried passing the UA/Blood test... it came back with a >.001 reading (which it states is a negative reading by the way)... and they gave me the smoker rates. after explaining and retaking the UA/Blood tests I passed but still got the rates and was told I would have to wait until a 3 yr period had passed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts