Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, been gone a while as my life went up in smoke, in February. After 30yrs the best friend and love of my life exited with no explanation and filed for divorce. I have been in shock, and will be for quite awhile. Never saw it coming. He changed overnight in January till Feb,and poof gone from his body. Stranger in my life....now gone....fast, no words, no reasons, no goodbyes, and not a word since that was civil. Chalk this up to the weird and strange huh?? My life is a segment of the twilight zone I kid you all not....Men any clues what makes a man leave when he told his woman he loved her at 430am and was gone from my life at 630Pm any clues? LS

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Sorry to hear.
I have no explanations other than what happened with me when my wife & I split up.
I broke it off due to the feeling that we were just coexisting under the same roof with no relationship. Wasn’t fair to her, wasn’t fair to me & I knew thats not what a relationship with a husband or wife is supposed to be like. I initiated the split and that’s the short version.

Why a person does certain things is hard to say. Everyone has their reasons. After 30 years, I would think the respectable thing he could have done would be at least to honestly tell you why.

Once again, sorry to hear. Hang in there

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Wow!
Shocking! But, you know what they say, now it's happened already, so change is good!

Good luck. Wish you the best.

MoTheMan

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sorry to hear the news. The only thing that I can think of is that a lot of guys just go through "stuff" at a certain age or point in their life. It really isn't explainable, and I'm certainly not justifying what is happening. I hang with quite a few guys in their fifties who are at the smoke shop. I hear some of their stories, and it goes way beyond running out and buying a Porsche.

I know that you must be devastated, and still somewhat in shock at times. While I am not a deeply religious man, I do know that prayer, along with time, helps a great deal. It may not seem like much of a solution right now, but looking back later on, you'll be very grateful. I had to deal with a very sudden and extremely shocking loss several years ago. It's all that I knew to do to cope. That, and a few very good and understanding friends.

Hang in there.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Awwww.... sweetie {{{{{{{{{girlie hug}}}}}}}}}}}

Life sucks sometimes. As churchlady, I'll send a couple prayers your way. I can only say that men can be confusing, stupid, insensitive brutes at times (and sometimes they're great).

I know you don't really need advice, you've got my deepest sympathy and best wishes for a better future. The hurt does eventually lessen, but the confusion lingers. Ok, I'll give one piece of advice, don't beat yourself up - sometimes it's not about you!

Take care and hey, did he leave the sticks at the house?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I also am sorry to hear of your loss. I do want to encourage you to grieve and when you are ready to move on. This is something that you may well never know the answer to as its resolution lies in the fact that there is at this point no resolution.

I do want to encourage you to continue on knowing that in time the questions that are currently unanswered will become easier to deal with as the pain begins to ease.

My prayers are with you.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wow! You have my sympathies {{{{{platonic manly hug}}}}

Most men have a few vices, even some their wives don't know about. It sounds like one of them got the better of him. You said it started around end of Jan-early Feb - possible gambling?? problem (Superbowl time). Another woman is the usual culprit, but not always. If it is something else, he may just be embarrassed to tell you.

It won't do any good to ask his buddies, but maybe his co-workers or his buddies' wives might have some clues about sudden behavior changes.

As noted by others - DO NOT BLAME YOURSELF. If he's not offering any explanations, don't assume it's you. Take this chance to dote on yourself - get a spa treatment, go on a short vacation, do SOMETHING for yourself as an ego boost.

Good Luck.
Linus

·
Registered
86 Posts
Men don't leave their wives....males do. A man should understand the committment of marriage....the vows one says are "Til death do us part" Unfortunately, marriage has lost it's sacred meanings. People take too lightly this union under God. And people just aren't willing to communicate and work out problems....something is wrong....find someone else. That's a big pile of bull. You are MARRIED...not dating. You don't just dump your wife. People need to re-evaluate marriage and learn to keep their blinders on and focus on that marriage... I dunno... I'm rambling...but I can't stand the state that this sacrement has come to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.