Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, these any good?

I heard they were discontinued...any idea exactly when? I saw where people were talking of this being discontinued in 2001.

SeanGAR

·
Registered
273 Posts
I got a box of these last month (they come in boxes of ten). I smoked one last week and it was very good. I usually like fuller bodied Havanas and these are supposedly considered mild to medium but it had plenty of flavor and I was pleasantly surprised. Burn was slightly off but I won't draw any conclusions based on only smoking one of them.

I shoulda stuck one in the CW wine pass for ya :w

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Both the LGC and ERDM Tainos were on the cut list a couple years ago, when Altadis moved in. I have not seen any post 2001 box codes on these.

·
-
11,412 Posts
i've read replies on another forum where people have 2002 box codes of the LGC Tainos. the word is that they are flat until they have about 5 yrs of age on them (not my words, but more experienced mo'fo's than me).
there's some available from a vendor that i have yet to get anything older than a late 03 from... (i could email them and see).

a-ha...
seems that these came in a varnished box of 10 previously, and those are discontinued... the dress box (cardboard) are still being made.
and, if you check HABANOS SA you will see that these are still in current production.

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IHT said:
i've read replies on another forum where people have 2002 box codes of the LGC Tainos. the word is that they are flat until they have about 5 yrs of age on them (not my words, but more experienced mo'fo's than me).
there's some available from a vendor that i have yet to get anything older than a late 03 from... (i could email them and see).

a-ha...
seems that these came in a varnished box of 10 previously, and those are discontinued... the dress box (cardboard) are still being made.
and, if you check HABANOS SA you will see that these are still in current production.
So, the plot thickens. I'll inquire about codes in that case. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
IHT said:

a-ha...
They are decent with a few years, but there are better churchills out there IMHO. If you like mild-med smokes it may be one to try. I'd take an S.L.R., Boli, or Punch over them myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts