Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone else has been following the story but LFD created their own NFT’s and put them up for auction. They created 7 NFT’s of the Golden Andalusion Bull Lonsdale.

If you win/buy one of the NFT’s you of course own the NFT but on top of that the lucky winner receives a Golden Andalusion humidor packed with 50 Andalusion bull lonsdale’s. These are the same blend as the 2016 CA #1 of the year but instead of being a 6.5”x64 it’s a 6.5”x42”. As long as you maintain ownership of the NFT you can purchase up to 70 of these cigars each month for perpetuity. A 14 count box sells to the NFT owner for $210 per box.

What blows my mind is these 7 NFT’s sold for $615,000.00. On average each person spent $88,000.00 for an LFD humidor, 50 cigars, and the right to purchase this exclusive cigar at $15 a pop. LFD literally made over half a million dollars for selling 7 humidors and 350 cigars.

Rumor’s thus far is that 6 of the 7 buyers were retailers and one of the retailers may have bought 2 of the NFT’s. So if retailers bought these, they are definitely going to want to sell these for a profit and get their money back. If you were to try and break even after one year, you would be sitting on 890 sticks after spending $100,600.00. $113.03 a stick is a little pricey for a smaller format of a $15 to $17 cigar. I don’t know about you but that’s a hard pass for me.

·
Super Moderator
17,924 Posts
Crap is only worth what morons are willing to pay..

On another note. I Googled NFT, read about 5 or 6 definitions.. still no idea wtf nfts are.. lol

Don't try to explain it to me, I really don't care anymore. I know my limitations on tech and this is beyond it .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Crap is only worth what morons are willing to pay..

On another note. I Googled NFT, read about 5 or 6 definitions.. still no idea wtf nfts are.. lol

Don't try to explain it to me, I really don't care anymore. I know my limitations on tech and this is beyond it .

Google answer NFT "Non-fungible token” more or less means that it’s unique and can’t be replaced with something else. "

Reactions: UBC03

·
Registered
311 Posts
As a tech person that fully understands the technology behind NFTs and blockchains, I still do not see any value in said NFTs due to the fact that blockchains are public ledgers. So you put an NFT on the blockchain anyone has access to see/copy said NFT. The only value would be if a company wanted to use the NFT and was willing to pay for usage of the IP. Which I don't see how that would ever happen in the markets or blockchains current states.

Now I am not discrediting the blockchains and the use of a public ledger that doesn't require a middle man or an authority to verify a transaction. The block itself verifies with a small fee which in theory should be drastically smaller than a traditional authority or underwriter.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Wonder what Corona Cogar company is gonna charge for them lol. My money would be on them buying at least one if not 2 one for the downtown location and one for sandlake

·
Super Moderator
17,924 Posts
Google answer NFT "Non-fungible token” more or less means that it’s unique and can’t be replaced with something else. "
Yep.. Googled non fungible after I Googled NFT.. LOL

So it's like having a Mickey Mantle rookie, but everyone on the internet can see it, take a pic, replicate it, and have one of their own but only you have the COA?

Reactions: Fusion

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep.. Googled non fungible after I Googled NFT.. LOL

So it's like having a Mickey Mantle rookie, but everyone on the internet can see it, take a pic, replicate it, and have one of their own but only you have the COA?

That's exactly it. An NFT is like having the original piece of artwork even though there are fakes and copies of it.

Imagine an NFT as the Mona Lisa. Any one can get on the internet and find a pic of the Mona Lisa, and there is even fake copies out there... but the fakes and internet pictures arent worth anything.... The owner of the original Mona Lisa could out right sell it or put it out for auction...

With an NFT ownership is tracked on an immutable public ledger. As long as you have safe cyrpto practices someone cant steal it or take it away from you. The blockchain is governed by smart contracts so someone can't change the ledger and steal your NFT.

I'm not a big NFT guy, but I do have some. I'm more into the crypto coins themselves.

I just think it's really wild that LFD made so much money over a NFT that only gives you 50 cigars, a humidor, and the rights to buy an exclusive cigar (at full price) that only 7 people in the world can buy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts