Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mother spotted a cigar shop near her work which had advertised "LEGAL CUBANS" in the window. What does this mean and are they the real thing?

Should i pop in and check it out sometime or is it a scam? I'm in Pennsylvania and the laws aren't lax here.

·
Registered
756 Posts
i bet it's those pinars with the recently found 50 year old cuban tobacco, or something like that. i was in ocean city, MD a few weeks ago and a shop there had a HUGE sign that said the same thing. i had one of them a long while ago, and remember it being pretty good.
jimmy

·
Registered
756 Posts
pinars are very common in the northeast. they claim to be pre-embargo because the tobacco is. here is a story i found on the internet about them and why they are pre-embargo, and claim to be legal cubans:

A short history:
Approximately 4200 lbs. ( 4 bails ) of "Rosado Pinar" wrapper leaf cigar tobacco was consigned by Mendoza y cia ( Pinar Del Rio Cuba ), to Red Dot Cigar Co. ( Trenton, NJ, USA ) on September 29,1957. The tobacco was shipped from Havana, Cuba to San Juan, Puerto Rico to Port Newark, March 1,1958. The shipment cleared US customs on March 26,1958 and was ground transfered to Red Dot Cigar Co. on March 27,1958. The cigars were rolled in 1997 and REUBEN'S purchased them in the spring of 1998.

jimmy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts