Cigar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is it legal, or is it legal, for people in the United States to be auctioning off Cuban cigars on the Club Stogie auction site? Perhaps I should keep my mouth shut as I like the whole auction idea but I am curious.

·
HOT for HILLARY!!
3,591 Posts
they're auctioning the collectable american made packaging (ziplock bags) that these cigars come in. by removing them from the packaging, the packaging would be altered and its value, which is much greater than the value of the cigars, would drop quite a bit. so it is in the best interest of both the collectors and dealers of collectable packaging to leave the cigars inside the packaging. as long as the packaging itself, but not the cigars, is being auctioned...all is legal (i believe).

plus ive heard that poker and cigartexan may be autographing the ziplock bags....sending their value skyrocketing.

·
Registered
718 Posts
AAlmeter said:
they're auctioning the collectable american made packaging (ziplock bags) that these cigars come in. by removing them from the packaging, the packaging would be altered and its value, which is much greater than the value of the cigars, would drop quite a bit. so it is in the best interest of both the collectors and dealers of collectable packaging to leave the cigars inside the packaging. as long as the packaging itself, but not the cigars, is being auctioned...all is legal (i believe).

plus ive heard that poker and cigartexan may be autographing the ziplock bags....sending their value skyrocketing.
Brilliant! Very good answer. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts